Imagination

I was trying to visualize these very detailed scenes in my mind. For example, there's an ocean with a pink, red, and yellow sky. Beneath the clear ocean is some coral and colorful fish. Some dolphins jump out of the sea.

When I woke up this morning to visualize it again, I found it was a lot easier. Then as time went on, it got harder. So I'm guessing that it's easier to imagine something when you're just waking up than when you're already awake.

Why is that?

Perhaps because your brain was well rested by the nights sleep.

Were you tired when trying to imagine the scene the previous day? At what time of the day were you trying?

Sounds like a pretty good place your visualising. Whats the fishing like?

Interesting question. As Aardvark mentioned a rested mind has a healthy supply of neurotransmitters while a worn out mind has a depleted supply of them, making it more difficult to perform any mental task, including visualization. Also, the dreaming brain and the woken mind have different ratios of neurotransmitters. I believe that while you’re asleep you have greater concentrations of active serotonin and melatonin, and possibly reduced amounts of active dopamine.

There also seems to be some sort of switching mechanism that switches the brains concentration from the senses to a sort of inner reality. After you just woke up you might have still been in a sort of pseudo-sleep state that increases your ability to visualize. Btw, I have also noticed an increased ability to visualize after I just wake up.

Thanks. I think I started to do these visualizations in the evening a couple of nights ago in the late afternoon or evening. Sorry, but there's no fishing or people allowed in this world. I don't even visualize myself in there. :)