HELP! homemade chemiluminescence

yahz

You could get some luminal, put it in a beaker and pour in some hydrogen peroxide. It will glow a bright blue for several hours.

This is from here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4859147_make-glowinthedark-liquid.html

Pour 1 liter of distilled water in a bowl with one bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

Pour another liter of distilled water into a second large bowl. Add 4 grams of sodium carbonate to it as well as .4 grams of copper sulfate pentahydrate.

Add .2 grams of luminol to your second mixing bowl.

Combine the two bowls and you will immediately see your glow in the dark liquid.

I have not tested this personally so do it at your own risk.

You could get some luminal, put it in a beaker and pour in some hydrogen peroxide. It will glow a bright blue for several hours.

This is from here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4859147_make-glowinthedark-liquid.html

Pour 1 liter of distilled water in a bowl with one bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

Pour another liter of distilled water into a second large bowl. Add 4 grams of sodium carbonate to it as well as .4 grams of copper sulfate pentahydrate.

Add .2 grams of luminol to your second mixing bowl.

Combine the two bowls and you will immediately see your glow in the dark liquid.

I have not tested this personally so do it at your own risk.

luminol has a glow lifetime that's on the order of seconds, not hours.

luminol has a glow lifetime that's on the order of seconds, not hours.

I did some research and you are totally correct UC, the glow usually only lasts about 45 seconds, I looked up the above information on a website and took it to be accurate. Thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding. :)