I need help

Zolar V

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get passed a WGA on a WMP 11

i was going to try just a normal crack but no one is seeding anything for windows xp home...

microsoft has come under the impression that my windows isn't genuine, hence the WGA problem, and now is forcing me to buy windows.

My windows IS genuine.. my key is from Dell and i doubt that they fraud consumers. i have been using it for a long while wiht no problem.

Thieves generally won't spend the time with customer support to protest their innocence. It's quicker for them to try and crack it.

Of course it is, and its also really fun to manipulate data. almost irrisitable if you ask me. then agian i am in a certian airforce job....

Actually, I'd be calling Dell. If the computer is from them and now microsoft is claiming the key *they* sold you is stolen, they are the ones that should help you.

Yes, in my experience Dell customer support is way better than Microsoft's.

Yes, in my experience Dell customer support is way better than Microsoft's.

I am not sure if that was cynical or not, but my experience with Dell was always fairly okay. Besides, while Microsoft will keep on claiming the software is stolen - and you can't really say anything other than "but Dell sold it to me!" - Dell are actually the ones who are *literally* responsible.

As far as the client's concerned, Dell are supposed to solve this.

You paid for a product, the product is claimed to be stolen, that's the bottom line. Either it's Dell's fault, or you accidentally switched serial numbers with someone else's.

You can also use the Microsoft Genuine Software diag, just in case there's something else that is failing your system's key. After that, run the genuine test yourself Here, it may give you some insight.

This is actually most of what Dell can do also, if it comes up with failed for whatever reason, definitely call into support, they should get you fixed up or contact Microsoft about the key

mooeypoo; No cynicism was intended. I have dealt with both Dell and Microsoft customer support (albeit 3 or 4 years ago) and found that Dell did a much better job of solving my problems.

I never dealt with microsoft support, so I have no idea how they are in comparison, but Dell were relatively helpful. As many other companies, they seem to have trouble with helping someone who actually knows what she's doing, so that sometimes drives me crazy.

Dell: "Alright, ma'am, there's a little square red button at the right hand corner of your window, you can click it now and the window will disappear".

GAH!

Glad to hear this issue is resolved!

mooeypoo; No cynicism was intended. I have dealt with both Dell and Microsoft customer support (albeit 3 or 4 years ago) and found that Dell did a much better job of solving my problems.

That's fantastic to hear, I've worked for Dell tech support for a few years now.

For the record, if the software is purchased OEM from Dell, we're the first line of support as contractually stated between the two companies, and usually a bajillion times faster than trying to go through the vendors themselves anyway (and this is true of most OEM providers)

Glad to hear this issue is resolved!

That's fantastic to hear, I've worked for Dell tech support for a few years now.

For the record, if the software is purchased OEM from Dell, we're the first line of support as contractually stated between the two companies, and usually a bajillion times faster than trying to go through the vendors themselves anyway (and this is true of most OEM providers)

Dudde, my experience with Dell's support is always outsourced service.. I keep getting routed to India. It's a bit frustrating at times. I assume that you're working here in the USA? They have tech support here?