The very unofficial climate poll

CaptainPanic

Where you live, the last couple of months/years: warmer or colder than the past?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where you live, the last couple of months/years: warmer or colder than the past?

• Warmer
    • Colder
    • About the same
    • I don't know, I just felt like clicking

The weather on average over the last months / years where you live:

Warmer or colder than the past (that part of the past that you remember yourself)?

If we gather enough data, we might submit this to the Internationan Panel on SFN Forum Member Climate Change Opinions (IPSFNFMCCO).

Edited by CaptainPanic
d'oh

Can't say it is really any different. Is a high temperature today of 50F (10C ) really any different than 52F (11C) - either way I am still wearing a coat when I go outside. If you assume the average temperature has risen a couple of degrees, how would you even notice it via human perception (which is much less accurate than instruments)?

Clearly the world is warmer than in the past via anecdotal evidence (putting aside more precise methods) as rivers which used to freeze over at winter do so no longer, growing seasons are a bit longer, various animals have migrated to the poles, etc. This, to me, is the only evidence of global warming that our senses can detect at this time. But even these will tend to rely on observations made by our parents and grandparents.

Over the last few months it has stopped being late Summer/ early Autumn and is now Late Autumn/ Early Winter. On the whole this has been accompanied by a fall in temperatures.

I predict that this trend will reverse in a few months' time.

I also predict that night time tendst to be less well lit than daytime and that rain is generally wet.

Over the last few months it has stopped being late Summer/ early Autumn and is now Late Autumn/ Early Winter. On the whole this has been accompanied by a fall in temperatures.

I predict that this trend will reverse in a few months' time.

I also predict that night time tendst to be less well lit than daytime and that rain is generally wet.

LOL - you guys still have seasons? I thought they broke down!

I voted warmer myself. Our winters are significantly warmer, and the summers slightly warmer. The trend is that we're setting temperature records (high) year after year.

Definitely warmer. The maple syrup season is about 7-20 days earlier than 40 years ago for sure. Until the late 80's to early 90's we never started tapping trees until after March 1st, now if you wait till then you will usually miss the first run of the year.