Is magnet an infinite source?

By Mary and Ian Butterworth' date=' Imperial College London, and Doris and Vigdor Teplitz, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, USA.[/i']

http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/courses/phy400w/particle/higgs1.htm

It's probably best to just give the link rather than quoting the whole article, since it's copyrighted material.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, mass effects gravity in that F(g)=GMm/d^2. It may effect massless particles as well, but mass does effect gravity.

That being said, the truth is that none of these guys know much about what they're saying. Those that are smartest will be willing to admit this readily. Even the experts don't know the answer to your questions. They can explain what magnetism is (in terms of what it does to its environment). They cannot, however, tell you Why. They can't tell you how either, but don't ask that one or they'll start explaining what it is.

I would love to talk about this in more depth with you and others who really want to know what's going on (to the point of not accepting the whole "Gravity just is; kind of like force or speed."). This one really gets me. Gravity is a force; it doesn't just exsist! Force=definition. Gravity=action to be defined.

Ok. I'm done now.