Insomnia

Guest phantom3380

Guest phantom3380

Bonjovi. I suffer from a lack of sleep. It aggravates me so that everyone around me, including my freinds my family, practically shut their eyes and are in Z-land. I have tried various relxation methods including yoga and meditation, but these invariably never work, or have little effect. I find myslef tossing and turning for up to 2 hours before I fall asleep. :confused::-(

This is an SOS people:

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY METHODS THAT HELP YOU GET TO SLEEP, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE E-MAIL ME:

phantom3380@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks,

the Phantom :-(

I've never (yet) experienced insomnia, so I do not know of a method that would work for me or you directly(as they would vary from person to person), but since you have some extra time on your hands, I'd start checking this website out:

National Sleep Foundation

Or you ofcouse could seek professional help of a Psychologist for something of a therapy or pill.

hi,pha

I suffered from insomnia before I became a university student, but I gradually slept well after I loved to play basketball, badminton, pingpong and so on. In addition, I feel that listening to radio lying in bed is often make me quickly feel very tired and want to fall asleep. I am't sure if the two methods would help your insomnia, you can try them.

I meant after I went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep quickly sometimes, but I would fall asleep quickly after listening to radio for a while. Also, keeping regular hours may help your insomnia from my experience.

• 1 month later...
Guest PappalaS

i was hospitalized for insominia and then diagnosed schizophrenic, which eventually changed to severe and rapid manic-depression.

from trial and error, i have gathered a few postulates in direct correlation to sleep:

water

excerise

love

prayer

water

love

water

hope thats clear

hope that helps

peace out

• 10 months later...

Based on experience, the best way to cure sleep problems is to wake up eight hours after the time you would like to sleep. So if you would like to fall asleep at 10 p.m. everyday then set your alarm clock to wake you up at 6 a.m. every morning. If you too often turn the alarm clock off and go back to sleep, position the alarm clock far away from your bed so that you are forced to get up to turn the alarm clock off.

Also, to get yourself into the mood to sleep, hire three DVDs beforehand and watch them all before going to bed. This will numb and exhaust your mind.

I also hear that cardiovascular exercise three hours before going to sleep helps, but I have never tried this.