Could this scenario occur!?

Drilon

I saw a really cool article a few weeks ago about possible endings of the world. It made me think of some really scary things and one of them was quite argumentatively pleasing that I had to ask whether someone can prove that it cannot happen.

Now, wormholes, blackholes and rips in timespace continuum can occur, and if I am not mistaken, they do so when there is releases of energy or something similar (don't hold it against me). Now imagine one of these rips occurring near a star and the other side of this rip is close to Earth itself. Could energy pass through a rip like this and literally boil earth.

Uh and I also made a drawing of the whole concept to better explain what my mind was cooking.

chaosl.jpg

MSpaint is pretty cool huh ..!

Actually, according to some of the information I have read regarding Eintein Rosen Bridges (wormholes) I would have to disagree with the assumption that it is absolutly not possible. It is true that, unfortunately, worm holes are currently more science fiction than they are science fact. However, a wormhole is a theoretical opening in space-time that is the mathematical solution to general relativity and so does abide by the laws of physics. It has never been proven that worm holes exist, though, largely due to the fact that there is no experimental evidence for them (due to black holes being hard to detect), but just because no one has ever seen one, does not mean that it is not possible. It is only recently in human history that the exsistance of Black Holes has been proven.

Here's a link for you if you want to read up on Einsein and Dr. Rosen's theories on the matter...

http://www.krioma.net/articles/Bridge%20Theory/Einstein%20Rosen%20Bridge.htm

We have more realistic problems due to the potential to get hit by an asteroid (which we can in theory avoid) or due to a nearby star going supernova (fortunately, there don't seem to be any nearby that might do that anytime soon, but we could do nothing if there were).