Well iNow once again killed my Discussion of Primal Therapy

dr.syntax

How or why is Primal Therapy not a legitimate topic for discussion in this forum. And why is it iNow has the ability to kill any discussion I start about this important topic. This is a topic that only promotes the common good, the health and well being of mankind. Why of all topics does this one generate such hostility ? I see postings explaining to proven dangerous people how to create dangerous compounds, A-bombs, shit like that. And this topic I post about to promote the well being of mankind gets stomped out of existence because iNow does not agree with it. What the ,,,, kind of forum is this ? ...Dr.Syntax

dr.syntax...I'm afraid to say I must agree with Ms. JillSwift.

Primal Therapy has obviously been shown to not produce any positive therapeutic outcomes...and those are peer-reviewed studies saying that.

You can't argue a point and expect the other person to ONLY argue from that point as well.

That would make theological discussions SO much easier :D

Me: "Jesus exists."

Them: "Prove it."

Me: "The Bible says so."

Them: "Damn, you're right."

You see how that just isn't fair or right?

Dr Syntax, two other threads about this were closed - which means you are resurrecting a closed thread, which is a nono.

Just thought I'd share this with you in case you missed it the first several times.

dr.syntax, here's the trouble. You advocate primal therapy so much and yet the evidence -- as iNow and others have pointed out -- suggests it does not work. By "evidence" I mean studies of its effectiveness, not "Dr. Oz says it doesn't work."

You seem to value Dr. Janov's opinions highly and that's fine, but there is a boundary between his opinions and the facts. The facts are that tests have been made of primal therapy that show it has little benefit. The fact is that nobody -- you, Dr. Janov or otherwise -- has provided any evidence to the contrary.

I understand that you believe highly in the value of primal therapy, and you have faith in Dr. Janov's opinions. But you must convince us that your faith is justifiable.

In the several previous threads on the subject, you never did. Starting a new discussion with no new information doesn't help.

Just thought I'd share this with you in case you missed it the first several times.

Are you happy now ? You will probably end up getting me banned. I guess you get a lot of satisfaction out of this. What does that say about the sort of person you are. You and team suck hole who I guess you are the leader of can be real happy about all this. Once again you showed the forum who is in charge here. I see how you operate and you are good at it. What your pupose is other than to let everyone know that you are somehow special, well that is your purpose isn`t it little man. ...DS

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Only one good thing ever came from primal therapy: the song Shout by Tears for Fears

screw you. DS

Okay, look. Stop reading into each other's motives. What is happening here is dr.syntax believes primal therapy works and iNow believes that it is completely unsupported by any scientific evidence. iNow does have a point; there is no scientific evidence to suggest primal actually works. (You may quote Dr. Janov as much as you'd like, but that doesn't make him right.)

If you would step back a moment, I think you'll see that it is not iNow controlling discussions. The moderator staff makes its own decisions and iNow does not decide them for us.

dr.syntax...I'm afraid to say I must agree with Ms. JillSwift.

Primal Therapy has obviously been shown to not produce any positive therapeutic outcomes...and those are peer-reviewed studies saying that.

You can't argue a point and expect the other person to ONLY argue from that point as well.

That would make theological discussions SO much easier :D

Me: "Jesus exists."

Them: "Prove it."

Me: "The Bible says so."

Them: "Damn, you're right."

You see how that just isn't fair or right?

REPLY: You are getting real good at sucking up. You should go far in this World , you can`t stop yourself. There is iNow and you just got 2 big brown nose points so far today with him. Did you ever bother to read what Dr.Janov had to say? You know how people get a brown nose don`t you ? STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT and I am sure the answer will come to you. You are no friend of mine. ...DS

Edited by dr.syntax
addition

Please watch the attitude. You are discussing forum rules here with the staff and members, something we don't do often not because we're "afraid to open it up" but because people usually tend to read and follow the rules. The purpose of those rules aren't to get this forum to be strict or police-state, they actually make sense, and they exist to make sure that all participants can enjoy a mutually beneficial conversations.

You seem to be very comfortable cheering the staff when we act in your favour and blame the staff when we act against you. If you spend that much energy looking at why your discussion(s!) about primal therapy were closed (after quite a few posts, mind you, with quite a few participants), maybe this entire feud could ahve been averted.

There's really no personal agenda here against anyone. All parties involved are expected to debate in a civil manner, and when they're not, the staff steps in.

Stop making everything personal, dr.syntax. Your threads are closed when they deserve a closure, just like iNow's posts are handled when he deserves them to be handled by the staff. You are not the one that controls or decides what the staff should or shouldn't do, just like iNow isn't controlling what the staff should or shouldn't do.

Everyone should be civil, participate in scientific debates and we will all be able to actually enjoy them.

~moo

Dr. Syntax, we're having an adult conversation about something that seems to bother you.

If you keep being a child about it and start cursing, we'll end up making another decision for the best of this forum, which will probably come against your wishes. If and when that happens, make sure you don't blame iNow for that one, eh?

Please be civil.