New Mobile Phone Recommendations.

insane_alien

Alright then SFN. My old phone (a samsung D500) has decided that the battery is low even when on external power and the battery removed. swapping battery doesn't help either.

as the only way to stop the alarm is to mutilate the speaker(and make it useless as a phone) i'm going to be getting another.

so as my knowledge of mobile phones would be hard stretched to fill a post-it note i'm going to be asking you guys for recommendations.

the requirements are:-

-can make phone calls

-can send texts

-has bluetooth

-has good battery life(current phone went a week and a half without recharge looking for similar or better)

-cheap(-ish parents are buying so i can go above my usual miserly value)

-some decent camera functionality(not necessary but would be a nice little bonus)

Anyone who suggests an iPhone will be not so politely told to go do some very rude things with a tent-pole, porcupine, bucket of lard and a cricket bat.

I have a Cricket TXTM8 my latest contract provided, and it's a pretty good smartphone. Runs about US$160, has everything you listed and then some. I think any phone you get these days is going to satisfy your list, just make sure they don't give you a skimpy battery and you should be OK.