is there anything i can do

walsh155

If you search through this forum you will find lots of interesting experiments that are safe. If you think that there are any that are outside your understanding then I wouldn't recommend them without supervision.

Are there any specific types of experiment that you would like to try?

Bombs and mustard gas. Those who frequent the irc channel already know.

Well somehow I very much doubt that anyone is going to give out that kind of information anyway - at least I hope not. Thanks for the tip though.

I should rephrase then - any safe kinds of experiments that you would wish to do.

learn some chemistry before you start doing experiments so you learn the subject. Here is one that is safe and you probably have the necessary ingredients at hand. Take one cup of vinegar and add one teaspoon of of baking soda to it. Now my question for you is to tell me what are the compounds or compound that is created when the two are mixed together. You can google search this to learn the answer. Start with this. you will get a very noticeable chemical reaction, Do it in a sink or out side. ...Dr.Syntax

my father knows alot about chemistry and i know a little but if there is any good experiments my father will help me

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

doctor you said there was instructions on experiments on here if there is can you give me a link or tell me where to go on here

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

sodium acetate and co2???

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

i was talking on irc chat a few days ago im trying to talk now and no1s replying for 2 days know does anyone know why its stopped working

If your father has a good understanding of chemistry as you say then why can he not provide you with some experiments that you can do? Anyone with a knowledge of chemistry beyond GCSE would know interesting (and more importantly safe) experiments that can be done at home.

my father knows alot about chemistry and i know a little but if there is any good experiments my father will help me

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

doctor you said there was instructions on experiments on here if there is can you give me a link or tell me where to go on here

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

i was talking on irc chat a few days ago im trying to talk now and no1s replying for 2 days know does anyone know why its stopped working

I can see you`re quite intelligent. I think the final 3 products of this reaction are carbon dioxide CO2,sodium acetate NaC2H3O2, and water H2O. You did very well and were only wrong in that water is also one of the products of this stepped ,fairly complex chemical reaction. I am Impressed with your intelligence and desire to learn. I will do what I can to locate some useful links for you. ...Dr.Syntax ...P.S. I want you to know I have been watching for your response. I get busy with other things as you can imagine and may not always be able to get back to you all that quickly.

Here is a very good website with much to learn and do in general chemistry: . Have fun and always pay strict attention to any warnings when conducting chemistry experiments. ...Dr.Syntax PS I AM SORRY THE LINK I FOUND IS NOT WORKING . I`LL FIND ANOTHER ONE

This one should work :http://www.chem1.com/chemed/genchem.shtml Now when the page opens look to the upper left and you will find a small rectangle titled " On This Page " . You can pick among the different choices there and click onto it. A large amount of interesting material is available at each of these links. ...Dr.Syntax

Edited by dr.syntax

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Hello again, this is Dr.Syntax and I found a free website where you can earn a high school diploma in chemistry upon completion of the course. Why not really go for it if you have this strong interest in chemistry. A good chemist can earn a good living as a professional Chemist. Here is that website : http://www.musthighschool.com/MUST/CourseDetails/Chemistry.html . Good luck and stay in touch with the forum as I am sure many fellow members will remain interested in your progress in the very important science of CHEMISTRY. ...Dr.Syntax

Edited by dr.syntax