Beware of Compounds that liberate oxygen

sivas54

The compounds KMnO4, KBrO3, NaBrO3, NaIO3, KIO3 are oxygen liberators. They become explosives if they are dealt with organic alcohol,aldeheyde and ketones. They form explosive mixtures. People should learn the chemistry and chemical reactions of these compounds before handling them with any small lab experiments.

Whoop de freaking doo. Welcome to all of chemistry. Would you like us to "beware" the other 6 million compounds that are oxidizing agents? What about oxygen itself? And what about reducing agents that can combust violently in the right conditions? Don't you live in a house? That's made of wood! It's HIGHLY flammable!

Humanity needs one big warning label for absolutely everything: "Don't be an idiot." and then we let the Darwin awards weed themselves out.

What about scissors? I could hurt myself with those too. Or breathing. The oxidative damage will eventually kill me. Driving a car is pretty suicidal too, if you think about it.