Anti-matter containment.

aman

Positrons and Anti-protons seem to indicate behaving the same as our matter so far in these tests by CERN

Here

They are anxious to test anti-hydrogen. The program is called ATRAP. Their figures of certainty can still be improved upon.

Just aman

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by aman

Are there any working theories for anti-matter containment in a matter enviroment? I can't imagine containing a gas or liquid but maybe if we have a metal anti-element it can be magnetically suspended in a vacuum.

I read the problem with making anti-hydrogen last for any period of time is its neutral charge as an atom, so it loses magnetic containment and reacts with the walls of the chamber.

It seems we can make plenty but we can't seem to keep it around.

Just aman

to keep it in magnetic bottle is little problem.the bigger is that anti-matter live no longer than 1/1000,000,000 of second.what can we do for such short time.if we can make stability better we will enjoy the endless source of energy because when we join together 1 gramm of matter and 1 gramm of anti-matter they will anihilate and energy that they will make will be enough for 1000 watt torsh to work 2860 years(thats right 2860).thats calculated by scientists,its not my imagination.

Originally posted by fafalone

We can keep antimatter much longer. In fact, experiments are under way with the 50,000 atoms of anti-hydrogen CERN produces each year. It seems like bulgaria is about 10 years behind current research :P

I am too bissy so may be i missed some news about anti-mater,but thats not reason to insult my country.i left other forum just by the same reason-there was a couple of philosophising guys who just didnt accept opinion different than theyr own.so dont comment my english please- i still learn it.if u want i can tell u what inventions are made by bulgarian scientists but u will blame me in lie because theyr number is pretty big.i will never use translating programs(this way i will never improve my english)so like old philosoph said-SIMPLE MINDS DISSCUS PERSONS,THE CLEVER ONES DISSCUS IDEAS. so ur next post will show me to wich group belong ur self.at least here we can share ideas not only what is written in the books. STAY HEALTY AND HAPPY

• 1 year later...
How do we know this? Is this just theorized?

No, we have produces plenty of positrons and anti-protons, even combining them to form anit-hydrogen. A positron for example is just as stable as an electron as far as I know, I was under the impression that mass and such properties were identical.