Definition of Love

tar

I'd say love is more to do with intending well-being for the loved one. This can be to varying degrees, from just a little to far more than they value their own well-being.

About love being including people in their feeling of self... What about people who hate themselves?

Where and why did you come with that ? It got me crying again. A much needed healing sort of crying. Thank you, Your friend, ...Dr.Syntax

Siddhartha Gautama Buddha is credited with saying "the only way to fight hate is with love."

It is a thin line between hate and love. In order to love others I first need to love myself. If we first can identify in ourselves the emotion of hate I believe the trick is how to change this "negative" emotion into a "positive" one. There are many forms of hate and it does help to identify even its most subtle manifestations.

About love being including people in their feeling of self... What about people who hate themselves?

In order to love others I first need to love myself.

"Love thy Neighbour as thyself". "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Are quotes that suggests you need to forgive yourself and find ways to love yourself (not arrogantly, but in the "Agape" way) - then you can share your love with the world..... e-hem (coughs), the Agape love that is..:embarass:

I believe love is a neurological state induced by encounter(s) with a psychological environment.

The environment influences various neurological factors, which have been caused by genes, to be expressed.

As such, since each person has a different neurological chemistry and a different genotype, it is feasible to suggest that love and how it feels is different to each person.

Edited by Genecks