Are Blondes Truly Dumb?

bloodhound

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A more pertinent question may be:

"Are non blondes really that jealous of blondes?"

Apparently - "Elvis' hair color was originally blonde. He dyed it black because he was a big fan of Roy Orbison"

If they are I think it would be sociological rather then genetic. I know blonds who act stupid because it's expected of them and they can get away with it when really the don't need to. Very frustrating really.

Although in that sense I suppose they wouldn't actually be 'dumb' in the strictest manner, they would just be acting like it.

If they are I think it would be sociological rather then genetic. I know blonds who act stupid because it's expected of them and they can get away with it when really the don't need to. Very frustrating really.

Although in that sense I suppose they wouldn't actually be 'dumb' in the strictest manner' date=' they would just be acting like it.[/quote']

Or, as I have observed, the common and irritating habit of going into a reduced effort "low power mode" because - for whatever reason - blokes go out of their way to help more often.

Many blondes act dumb because society has conditioned them to believe they need to act a certian way, so they do. There are many blondes (like myself) who, although brought up in north american culture, don't feel the need to buy into such bullsh*t...Take Jessica Simpson for example, she is a huge media figure and acts like a complete idiot, and unfortuantly she is blonde, so there you go, another "dumb blonde" to add to the list(Jessica Simpson by the way is an embarrassment to women, blondes and humanity in general and should be instantly killed) Also you'll find that its mostly north american blondes that act so goddamn stupid most of the time, take a trip to europe and you'll find that the general behavior of blonde women is very different from what you're used to. Blonde women overseas are generally much more mature and don't act like morons. So you see its not about genetics, but more so about culture, up-bringing and of course, mental conditioning. You might as well ask the question "are all men a bunch of stupid slobs?" thats another populare american stereo-type, and because it exists, there will always be men who incorporate it...but men are not inherently stupid slobs, just like blondes are not inherently dumb.

By the way, why oh why is this "dumb blonde" crap only applied to women????

You are a girl however, the effect is one I've only ever seen work on guys. For a long post I had written in another forum one girl actually IMed a mate of mine and got him to read the whole thing outloud over voice-chat because she couldn't read the whole thing. I feel sorry for her in some ways, for her at least it stems from insecurity and she falls back on it. Bit of a self defeating tactic though as she'll never actually learn how to overcome her confidence issues by falling back on nonsense like this.

I`ll go with post #7

I`ve never noticed any common trait of lesser (or greater) mental capabilities with any particular hair color either.

that applies to skin color and eye color also :)

Ah yes, cute cute, and of course, anyone who chooses to associate with "dumb blondes" or dim-witted people and pities those who don't, must have a seriously dull and boring social life. By the way I get out plenty, thanks for your concern. :P

Hey I know' date=' let's combat baseless generalisations by making generalisations about the people who made the original generalisations.

GENIUS.[/quote']

Like so:

People are always sarcastic and annoying when people say that people who say that blonds are dumb actually have a boring social life themselves.

People are always sarcastic and annoying when people say that people who say that blonds are dumb actually have a boring social life themselves.

My post was more to do with "pot, kettle" than generalisations. Top marks for paying attention.