astronomy

INTESTINES

for beggining astronomy you should already know that the earth is 93000000 miles from the sun so then you can know how far pluto is from the sun and it is 3000000000 miles from the sun and our solar system is very huge:eyebrow:;):confused::rolleyes::mad::doh:all feelings

for beggining astronomy you should already know that the earth is 93000000 miles from the sun so then you can know how far pluto is from the sun and it is 3000000000 miles from the sun and our solar system is very huge:eyebrow:;):confused::rolleyes::mad::doh:all feelings

We dont care?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We dont care?

Yes we do.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Just for future reference buddy you may want to make your sums look like this..... 93,000,000 and 3,000,000,000 as it makes it easier to do the sums when glancing at it.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
you should use scientific notation, my eyes blur with lots of 0's

What like a ,

???

Hardly a scientific notation!!

Intestines,

Yeah the solar system is kind of big. So much so that it takes around 4.3 hours for light to pass between the sun and pluto. However, the solar system barely qualifies as a drop in the ocean in the vastness of the galaxy, which itself is an insignificant blip in the whole of space.

you should use scientific notation, my eyes blur with lots of 0's
What like a , ???

Hardly a scientific notation!!

Mason is refering to standard form, in which 93,000,000 may be written as 9.3x107, which is in pretty common use.

We dont care?[/quote']Thats because youre a retard!
Crowned Conquern, when you moved into that glass house - did anyone mention anything about the throwing of stones?

Astronomy is far out!!!

Actually, Pluto is not the edge of our solar system. Beyond it is the Kepler belt, then the heliotrope and then the Oort sphere.

That is quite amusing. As it's not the 'kelper' belt hehe, but the Kuiper belt and pluto is actually part of that belt. And is not even the largest body within that belt.. which is why the argument 'now made a strange truth' is Pluto a planet... even though it's still now wildely respected as such.. I disagree.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Intestines,

Mason is refering to standard form, in which 93,000,000 may be written as 9.3x107, which is in pretty common use.

Love the way you have added a wiki extract.. *sigh*

Yeah no matter how many times you write out 9.3x107 it's still the sum I wrote out.. these things are for scientists not people looking for help on a site to help people who are not scientists.

Edited by mulreay
Consecutive posts merged.

does any one know anything about nibiru? does this planet even exist?

Please start your own topic as not to confuse the subject matter.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Thats because youre a retard!

That's a truly awful word and I hope you are reported for it.. on my site you would have a proper dressing down for that.

Edited by mulreay
Consecutive posts merged.

for beggining astronomy you should already know that the earth is 93000000 miles from the sun so then you can know how far pluto is from the sun and it is 3000000000 miles from the sun and our solar system is very hugeall feelings

Both of those figures are wrong. the orbit of neither the Earth nor Pluto is perfectly spherical, so the distances are not absolute but are a range between their apogee and perigee.

the distance varies from 91 million miles to 94.5 million miles for Earth.

Pluto's distance ranges from approx 2.6 billion miles to 2.8 billion miles (which isn't a lot unless you consider that it's nearly equal to the difference between Earth's apogee and perigee.

Additionally, it is by no means necessary to know the distance from the earth to the sun in order to know the distance from Pluto to the Sun. A simple experiment can be performed to this end.

1.Find somebody who doesn't know the distance from the Sun to the earth.

2. Tell then the distance from Pluto to the Sun

TADA! they now know the distance from Pluto to the Sun without even knowing the distance between Earth and the sun! Amazing!

Lastly, I might point out that Astronomy is far more then the memorization of numbers and facts; these can always be looked up, after all, and the memorization comes with use.

Astronomy is about space. what a person Should eventually understand is such things as parallax measurement and the mathematics behind it, not some meaningless numbers.

That is quite amusing. As it's not the 'kelper' belt hehe, but the Keiper belt

It's neither a "Kelper" belt or a "keiper" belt but the Kuiper Belt.

Please start your own topic as not to confuse the subject matter.

That's a truly awful word and I hope you are reported for it.. on my site you would have a proper dressing down for that.

Yes.

theyre is a truly awful word when you don't have an apostrophe handy.

Thats because youre a retard!

I like the number 93 :doh: I like all numbers.

I was actually pointing at the overuse of smileys, thank you very much. And do you know that most of the insults given actually apply more to the giver than to the receiver?

• 8 months later...