how is industrial urea made?

dirtyamerica

I work at a coal fired power plant. My supervisor recently mentioned that to further reduce NOx emissions (beyond our current boiler modifications) we could add a urea reagent into the air quality control system. As a joke I wanted to ask him where we got the urea from (the bathroom? haha).

Seriously, to the point...how is urea manufactured? I've tried to research my answer and all I get is pee-related stuff and vendors that sell it for ag fertilizer.

But how's it made? I'm just curious about the basics. I don't want to make my own or anything. So if anyone knows, just please give me the "Urea for Dummies" version. hehe

thanks in advance

ah, thanks for the link. I guess I didn't do the right search at wiki..

I was under the impression that urea was a waste protein in bio processes...but now I realize how simple the molecule is.

I didn't know that urea is in sweat. Interesting. Now I can really freak my wife out next time she kisses my cheek and I'm sweaty from yardwork. heh