My Latest Security Invention :)

YT2095

I'm at Warwick uni' date=' you Coventry person you :P

What year you in?[/quote']

I'm off to warwick after my gap year, what you studying (some kind of engineering i presume)

I'm suprised you put your faith in teh british justice system, my brother got GBHed had to have a metal plate in his head he gave the name of the kid who did it to the police and nothing came of it, Can bolt cutters cut though a yale lock thing?

also does your phone have normal screws on it to get at the circuits, mine has crazy nuts with stars instead of a slit, where can i get tools to unscrew them?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine had the same types of security screws as yours does, I have a set of bits to undo security screws, but before I had them, I`de make my own by modifying Jewelers screwdrives with a tiny grinder and a file. once they were out, I`de then replace them with ordinary screws of the same size.

ya, some pictures would be awesome.

Why use a phone though? Couldnt you just rig up a realy simple switch on the door (to turn on when the door opens) that is connected to a 12volt buzzer in your house (or even your door bell). That is what i would do. Im sure it would be much cheaper, probaly serve the purpose better, and you wouldnt have to worry about the thiefs breaking the system (they could, but it is only a switch). Im sure the few hundred feet of cheap 24 gauge wire wouldnt be expensive at all either.

Just to me it seems like it could be much more simple than using a cellular phone.

sorry no pics for a while until I get the cam server working again or fill the mem card and get them copied to CD.

as for using a cell fone, that`s because the shed is over a mile away from where I live, and even if it wasn`t I`m on the 12`th floor anyway.

Im sure the few hundred feet of cheap 24 gauge wire wouldnt be expensive at all either.

Just to me it seems like it could be much more simple than using a cellular phone.

What about the labor involved in burying a "few hundred feet" of wire (or a mile)? Get real.

YT, you've come up with a great innovation here, I don't see why you keep getting people who want to criticize your system. If it's not people suggesting illegal death traps, it's people suggesting the obvious.

Very resourceful. Did they ever let you hook up the community room?

burrying a few hundred feet of wire is not difficult. It only needs to be burried an inch deep/ And im sorry, i did not know he lived on the 12th floor and a mile away from his shed.

burrying a few hundred feet of wire is not difficult. It only needs to be burried an inch deep/
Remember, the reason most people have sheds on this land is for gardening. Bury that line an inch deep and everybody's going to be digging it up. Plus an inch deep means any foot traffic will quickly displace the soft soil, even if it was only a few hundred feet.

burrying a few hundred feet of wire is not difficult. It only needs to be burried an inch deep/ And im sorry, i did not know he lived on the 12th floor and a mile away from his shed.

you`re still ENTIRELY missing the point, all that`s great if I never left my home, but since the cell fone is set to call MY Mobile fone, I can be ANYWHERE and still know about it, so if I`m out shopping or at a party or whatever, all I need do is dial 999 as soon as my mobile says "Shed Alarm", and the cops are There even if I`m a thousand miles away, THAT is the point! :)

Ok, while i find this interesting, i have a few questions, so that i may better understand:

- if you are using a cell phone as your alarm, dont you need some sort of Plan to keep the number active? If that is the case, then technically you are paying for your alarm?

-how did you get it to say "Shed Alarm"? I know there are ways, but i dont know them.

the SIM card I use is Vodafone PAYT, it`s on the "smart plan" so all I need to do is buy some credit on the fone and just forget about it, it only takes credit off the sim when I actualy make a call, other than that it`s free.

as for "Shed Alarm" I just add the user "Shed Alarm" in my directory along with the sheds number, and when ever I get a call from that number it displays as "Shed Alarm".

It took me a good 20 minutes to read the whole thread but it was worth it. YT you are resourseful I am really surprised you could file the screwdrivers to fit into the security crews. Wow and the phone is very clever.

• 1 month later...

moved here for a good reason, basicly i`m in negotiations with Nokia about marketing it, Sooo for now, i`ll keep it in here in case they google for "YT2095" and mobile fones :)

I don`t want them reading it.

no, not yet, I`m still keeping it vague, all further transactions will be done via post on receipt of my details, I have a non disclosure form of my own (it`s only a standard type), basicly I`m letting them do all the work, I can`t afford to patent etc...

I`ve told them that the "idea" works on other fones too, namely sagem and Motorola, but I`m giving them 1`st oportunity as their fones are easier to adapt.

all I`ve asked for is naming rights on the 1`st model and a percentage of the sales.

I`ll just have to wait and see now :)

Hmmm.. just got mail from them...

[PublicOoO]

Thank you for your message and your contact information.

In a couple of weeks you will be sent information of our policy regarding unsolicited ideas.

I`m not quite sure what to make of that in all honesty?

BOT response maybe?

to be honest, atm I don`t have enough cash to patent my own name! :))

as for naming, something with YT or 2095 in it (or both would be nice), personaly I`de just like to see the thing out there and in use, as a device it`s a "Nasty Ba$tard" if you`re on the wrong side of the law, so the more the merrier as far as I`m concerned, and I KNOW they could sell Millions of them!

it would be nice to have a little say in the name and a share of the profits too :)

but I dunno, maybe it`s the pessimist in me, but somehow I don`t think much is going to happen about it.

it was a chat to my long time friend of old that suggested I try approach someone with the idea, kinda got me "fired up" and inspired a little more faith in the idea as a Good One than I had.

so what the hey, I`ll give it a shot, worst they can say is `No` right!? :)

nothing at all for service, there`s no contract either.

it`s PAYT, I top up my sim card with say £5 and that will last me forever, all incoming is free, I only pay when I make a call, if I make no calls, it`cost`s nothing.

it`s on Vodafone smart price plan (or something like that).

I`ve pointed out to them that hey`ll have to negotiate with a service provider, as the unit sales will go through the roof if this sucker hits the market, so a deal needs to be done with someone when they lock these mobiles to a specific provider.

actualy I envisaged an entirely NEW system altogether.

most of the "guts" in the fone are redundant (wap, PDA features, games, ringtones, even the entire receiver block etc...)

there need only be a single line display enough to see the numebr you ellect to call on break in, and current credit status. the rest can go in the trash can, even the ear peice.

the only improvements required would be an extra sensitive Microphone, and the back-up internal battery, and charging adaptors to accomodate car batteries and hosehold mains elec, possibly a digital interface for ease of hookup to a standard house alarm pannel on the switched negative (to compensate for SABMs).

other than that (and it`s really nothing radical added) the rest is an excersize in redundancy deletion :)