My Latest Security Invention :)

YT2095

I think you and your friends need to invest or build a high-quality security system to protect all the sheds or find somewhere else to store your stuff. Having to replace stuff + sheds all the time sounds like a lot of wasted time and money. Good luck on whatever you decide to do though.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I own shed #35, all the others belong to my friends, there`s been 5 more breakins since my last post in here as well, I`ll put a few pics up soon, it`ll give you all a better idea of what I`m saying :)

• 1 month later...

Get some anti vandal paint thin it a bit and set up a spray booby trap. If you can get different colours (I've only heard of red) you will get a unique signature coloured crim walking around looking like a total plant and being very noticed. The stuff a friend uses at the school he works at does not come off for weeks and if you thin it enough it should soak through clothes onto the skin. Take that you multi coloured freaks :D By the way have you seen the wireless alarms available now. I don't Know how far your shed is but I have one and it has an auto dialer built in. It calls 5 numbers in sequence if no one answers the last call and plays a recorded mesage. Its remote controled you can have magnetic or pir sensors, it has spare relays to power other devices and a solar powered external siren. You can also set each zone to cause a chime from the control unit when something triggers it with the alarm disarmed and you can set up 3 different arm options only arming selected zones even when using the remote to set it. I know its not in the spirit of what your doing but it might help. Its also has an answer machine/memo recorder and phone in remote control and if it goes and rings you you can dial back in and listen through the built in mic. Batterys in pirs last about 6 month in my house and the reed switch batterys last about 1 year.

My main problem is damage to cars. Dents, scratches, burst tyres, broken head lights and somebody even rammed something through the radiator once. I put cameras up but the tapes only last 8 hrs and I don't want to put lights up because I live opposite the main road and I think a sudden bright light may cause an accident. The biggest problem is its the companys car as well as my wifes. I tried a pir triggered camera but the range is too low and the angle of the lense is only about 50 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...

ok this is making england sound really rough but in defense to it, its not, there are just a few areas. like all countrys have there rough areas, it can not be help, unless we bring back hanging and string up all who steal or cut of there hands :D

• 1 month later...
Yeah its the few areas that have problem' date=' but people who steal should be shot, if you dont work for it then it isnt yours.

[/quote']It was exactly this kind of attitude, with no thought for the consequences, that caused Australians!

Australians weren't shot, they were sailed away. lol.

So what do you think should happen to them?

What gives them the right to take your stuff?

They dont just take your stuff they also take a little of your peace of mind, with out a doubt you will be thinking about it and when is it going to happen again, there is more taken than just the items.

People who dont work for things shouldn't have anything, too many free loaders in the UK if you ask me, I know I lived ina youth hosp with 40 of them, evry down and out from places you dont even want to think about.

But thats another story.

as for sending them all to another country, whats so bad about it?

we get rid of the ones we dont want and they in time learn to be come civil, a win win for all.

pretty good idea when you think about it, wait til you get your house robbed day in day out and tell me that they should be let off, lol.

well any way, we were in the newspappers last week too!

4 greenhouses and 60 sheds broken into and/or smashed (the greenhouses had all the glass broken EVERY PANNEL!)

Mine didn`t get hit on but the guys either side where smashed :(

Mines steel reinforced inside and outside theirs weren`t. BUT so as to even spoil my day, they put a banger firwork in my bird box! b@st@rds !!!

fortuneantely there were no birds in there this time of year and it was a box I built myself from Marine Ply, so all it did was blow the lid open, and that was on hinges so really all I had to do was replace the 2 fasteners.

that should give you a rough idea of the little tw@s around here 14 to 25 years old (yeah one got caught and squealed on the others).

bring back National service and make Boot Camp compulsory for all school leavers of the grunt type!

great idea, if they arnt getting an education then army for you lad.

As my self is at Coventry Uni, (just down the raod from you yt, yam yams, grr)

anyways I'll just get my self mad at them and thats not good.

lol.

(just down the raod from you yt' date=' yam yams, grr)

[/quote']perhaps next year during the summer you, Dave and I should meet up somewhere then? we`re a bus ride appart each!

a Pub with good beer suits me :)

lol. this part for the UK doesnt have good beer, :P

I'm from S.yorkshire, but havent been home for a while now, :(

The acsent has gone mostly, but its still there proud as punch, but clear.

It has to be as I work for IT help desk for the Uni, and you get students from all over the world and its hard to speak sometimes.

better to go to B'ham via train as its only £2, all sounds good to me.

I'll bring the axe, heheheee.

"It was exactly this kind of attitude, with no thought for the consequences, that caused Australians!"

*Brrr* Every single time I hear "G'day mate!" I just want to jump out of the window. j/k :) Not that I hear it too often, Australia is quite right on the other side of the planet. :F

And YT, I'm sorry to hear that you got that sort of people there. :/ Perhaps we should design YT2095's Megashed of Vandal Doom 3000 Deluxe.

"It was exactly this kind of attitude' date=' with no thought for the consequences, that caused Australians!"

*Brrr* Every single time I hear "G'day mate!" I just want to jump out of the window. j/k :) Not that I hear it too often, Australia is quite right on the other side of the planet. :F

And YT, I'm sorry to hear that you got that sort of people there. :/ Perhaps we should design YT2095's Megashed of Vandal Doom 3000 Deluxe.[/quote']

They're even invading the hospitals in England now. I had one in Manchester uni dental hospital the other day. She had been there all day watching people work and still had to ask where the films came out of the machine. :)

EDIT: Thats unfair as it implies they're all dumb and Thales was very knowledgable and helpfull to me. Bless him where ever he is. :-(

• 3 months later...

Update:

the system has now been installed and is working perfectly :)

I`ve ran a few trials and worst case scenarios, all seem to pass, I have backups of backups too.

I might even wire up the comunity room next, that`s suffered it`s fair share of breakins and thefts aswell, I`ll ask the other committee members on sunday, see what they think :)

Yt2095,Im from Uk but even im confused.

Could you clarify when you refer to your land.Is it YOUR land(as in at the rear of your property),or the posh way of saying its a local council allotment,which is rented by anyone in the community to grow your own veggies,keep pidgeons and chickens etc.

If its the latter,how much do you pay.Up here its £5 a month,the land allocated always resembles the jungles of borneo,complete with something more suited to scrap heap challenge,old cookers,fridges,car parts etc.

Hardly inspires anyone to rent one,when a hop in the car to Asda for a cabbage is sooooo more appealing

well I wouldn`t say it`s a "Posh" way of saying anything, any more than saying "my Home" when I refer to my council flat.

but yeah, it`s an allotment site privately owned but council subsidised, and not a bit like a junk yard or Vietnam MKII :)

and it`s £20 a year.