GPS assistance with lost persons.

dstebbins

I'm about to take a vacation to another country, and I'm worried about getting mugged and robbed. I've been hearing recently about a rather new piece of technology that is designed for just this sort of thing. It's called the Technobra, and it notices a jolt in your heart rate and uses GPS and wi-fi technology to alert the authorities of your name and location, so that they can find you anywhere in the world.

The problem is: I'm a guy. Is there any kind of this technology that I can use on my vacation?

well... technically there's nothing stopping you wearing a bra...

i'm a bit skeptical to its operation. it sounds like it could be triggered by almost anything. (nearly being hit by a car, a roller coaster, a scary movie etc.) seems to me like there is an extreme potential for false alarm.

well... technically there's nothing stopping you wearing a bra...

Except my manhood.

i'm a bit skeptical to its operation. it sounds like it could be triggered by almost anything. (nearly being hit by a car, a roller coaster, a scary movie etc.) seems to me like there is an extreme potential for false alarm.

Well, I hope this inventor has considered this kind of thing.

Do you really believe the police in such risky country can be alerted by the gadget ?

Do you think the perpetrators will leave your technobra on you?

Perhaps a different applicable strategy applies :

http://www.wimp-software.co.uk/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667

http://www.luisespinosa.com/trackme_eng.html

Miguel

Totally off topic (since we're discussing whether any international alarm gadget exists - it doesn't exist - I don't know anyone in the Netherlands who has something like that)... but... There are a few safety measures that are much easier, and cheaper too:

- Don't look like you're rich.

- Put your cash in your wallet immediately, and don't take it out unless you're in a safe place or shop/restaurant/bar.

- Don't have a huge camera around your neck

- Don't use a hip bag.

- Don't put valuables in a backpack.

In fact, the fewer valuables you even have, the smaller the chance that you lose them.

Having said that, the world isn't as dangerous as you might think. And the more dangerous the place is, the less likely that the police will respond to an alarm-bra.

how about cutting the gadget part and wrapping it either around your wrist or around your chest(without the bra part)?

you can also keep a small aerosol of pepper spray in your pocket, or knife, or nunchako, or just carry a gin, or take a karate crash course before you go on vacation, hire a body guard, never leave a crowd, exercise your legs to run like the wind..

or just wear a wig:D

how about cutting the gadget part and wrapping it either around your wrist or around your chest(without the bra part)?

you can also keep a small aerosol of pepper spray in your pocket, or knife, or nunchako, or just carry a gin, or take a karate crash course before you go on vacation, hire a body guard, never leave a crowd, exercise your legs to run like the wind..

or just wear a wig:D

LOL!

Most of those things are illegal where I live. Before you carry weapons into a country, I advise that you look up the laws there. You might want to avoid ending up in jail at the airport. America has very different laws when it comes to "self protection" than for example Europe.

I think that nunchaku, pepper spray, and certain types of knives are illegal here. I don't even know what a "gin" is (I assume you don't carry a bottle of strong alcohol for safety: "hey, you! Trying to rob me? Here, have a gin tonic instead.").

What country are we talking about anyway?