WMA --> MP3

there are plenty of stuff on the internet. if you go to download.com and go to the audio section and the encoder subsection. easy cd-da extractor is very popular. rips cd very nicely and converts between vairous major audio formats. Audiograbber is the next popular with similar functions

Or just google for wma converter, they're pretty easy to find. The only problem is if you've bought them off of somewhere like Napster, it's impossible to convert them over to mp3s, so only WMP will actually play them.

Damned DRM crap.

You might want to try; ALL SOUND RECORDER. It lets you record any type of audio file into mp3. You simply play the file using its regular player; REALPlayer, Windows Media Player, FlashMediaPlayer etc and record with ASR. It is also very useful for recording sound clips from DVDs without having to rip the entire DVD.

Free trial download:

http://www.audio-ware.com/downloads/allsoundrecorder.exe

My all time favorite for converting audio files, ripping cds, burning cds, and more is Easy CD-DA. It's got a clean interface (drag and drop/file browser) and works extraordinarily well. The demo has a 3-second nag when you launch the program, and it isn't bad at all.

The program converts between wav, mp1, mp2, mp3, mp4, m4a, aiff, ogg, aac, ape, flac, vqf, & wma.

However, I'm looking for a good program to save streaming media.

• 2 weeks later...
Damned DRM crap.
Heh, there's a utility for the Mac called 'Audio Hijack' that'll attach itself to the audio output on the machine and re-record it into WAV's as you play it, from then it's pretty easy to go to any other format you like. I'd assume there must be a similar utility for Windows somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you've written a song and want to distribute it, then you're not going to want to hand people the midi soundtrack so they can go and steal it.

You should be able to export the MIDI file as an AIFF from whatever you opened it in. From there it's pretty simple to convert the AIFF to mp3.

• 4 weeks later...

i wanted to do it, because a game of mine, GTA Vice City, has a custom radio, but it only works with MP3, and all my music is WMA, so i wanted to transform it, so i could listen to it on the custom GTA radion, whilsts i was playing, and in a vechile with a radio!