Old man, don't lay so still you're not yet young...

iNow

So, I take a vitamin every day. I've been taking one of those senior vitamins, despite the fact that I'm only ~3 decades old. I like them because they have such awesome B vitamins for memory, and I've noticed how much better my mind is at recall since I began taking them.

Here's what I wonder, though. Am I causing myself some sort of problem by taking old people vitamins (like Centrum Silver), despite not being old? I am a Type 1 diabetic, and have been for more than 20 years, so maybe it's not so bad to take vitamins which help with the effects of aging... I don't know...

So... I just thought I'd ask. I take a senior vitamin because I like the huge surplus of B vitamins. Would I be better off taking the normal non-senior vitamins, is there some sort of detriment, or is what I'm doing okay?

Thanks for any ideas or thoughts you may have.

As people age the levels of hormones and proteins produced will change. If you like the effects of the B vitamins you can always pick up suppliments at your local health store if the regular vitamins do not contain as high levels.

Overdosing on your oil soluble vitamins or minerals is associated more often with children taking adult vitamins over a period of time.

• 1 month later...

Centrum silver vs centrium complete seems to be the same but silver has some more minerals. Centrum seems to be the best as it is approved by the FDA and like others described not loaded with fat soluble vitamins some with 300% RDA of vitamin A, crazy. Im a type one and the only real vitamin we can be deficient in is D.

How ever it makes me wonder how and why there are things like natures made diabetic vitamin pack have ridiculous amounts of every vitamin/minerals(elements) and yet it is supposedly made for us. I am I wrong saying these things are a good way to kill your self slowly?