2012 Are the world gonna end? again?

deioncemore

Even though i never paid attention to catastrophic Armageddons...however , the 2012 franchise i hear everyday is scientifically well based,since even NASA said things bout that year along with the underground shelters etc..dunno ,sounds to much to be just a superstition doomsaying .

Yeah, it did start with a native American fairytale but it did not stayed there, i'v never believed but hearing that OHE and other organizations put money on building underground facilities.Though i dont worry cause thinking back on 2000 when so many ppl committed suicide...guess every new generation has to feel "special" and unique.

underground facilities don't mean the end of the world.

can you tell us what you mean by OHE?

also, all of the 'theories' about how the world will end have been disproven.

my particular favourite in this are is the jupiter sized planet thats going to sneak up on earth. we would see it by now if it was coming for us.

guess every new generation has to feel "special" and unique.

Exactly. There have always been people who think the end of the world is right around the corner, and there probably always will be. 2012 is just a convenient date in the last few years, because of the Mayan calendar thing.

Personally, I can't wait for January 1st, 2013, so we can get some more variety in the doomsayers. Of course, I guarantee on that day or soon after, someone will post on SFN about how the previous calculations were wrong, and the end of the Mayan calendar is really a few months or years after that, and bla bla bla.

In all fairness, the world could end in 2012, via any of the various completely random ways the world might end. And I'm sure we would all look very foolish in that case, were we no, you know, dead. But the Maya would have been as surprised as any of us.

Even though i never paid attention to catastrophic Armageddons...however , the 2012 franchise i hear everyday is scientifically well based,since even NASA said things bout that year along with the underground shelters etc..dunno ,sounds to much to be just a superstition doomsaying .

Yes, there will be an alien invasion that will wipe us all out very quickly and we will be replaced by aliens, who will upload our memories and assume or appearance, except for the invasion part. No one will have any idea what happened - except me. I have obtained a device that will allow only I to remember the events. I shall remind all when the time comes, but for now I must keep it away from the evil Obamanator, who wants it for himself.

It will end in 2012. That's when the Vogons are coming to build a hyper-space express route through our star system.

I shalln't be here to see it though; We tried to warn you - and the mice - but our warnings were either misinterpreted or unheeded.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

In all fairness, the world could end in 2012, via any of the various completely random ways the world might end. And I'm sure we would all look very foolish in that case, were we no, you know, dead. But the Maya would have been as surprised as any of us.

Well, you can always come to the right conclusion for the wrong reasons, which is essentially what you are saying.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
my particular favourite in this are is the jupiter sized planet thats going to sneak up on earth. we would see it by now if it was coming for us.

What I find so baffling is how they often twist science as a way to describe something, while totally wrapping it in prophetic BS. A planet the size of Jupiter, "well, science does tell us that would be bad... so that event would be catastrophic" and at the same time the question would be... and how did the Mayans know this? Mysticism and channeling or good old fashioned prophecy?

All the dark matter, galactic, alignments gamma bursts and what not happily use science to explain some mechanism that sounds plausible, while dressing the whole stinking thing up and side-stepping the real issue: Whatever prophecy or underlying mechanism that this comes to us through is bullocks and has about as much validity as the warnings against breaking a chain letter.