Birthday Gifts for a Scientist

ennui

When I was reading a blog today, I saw a post about a sweater which had the complete periodic table on it. The only problem is that it was an ugly colour.

It's my housemate's birthday coming up, and he's doing a PhD in genetics. Does anyone know of any sciencey/geeky gifts online that I could get him along these lines?

Also, if I saw something cool enough, I would probably get something for myself. Oh, and I should probably note that he already has just about every one of those Giant Microbe toys!

Many thanks! :cool:

Great idea! But I've had a quick look on Google & eBay and can't seem to find one :-(. I'm not very creative or good at building things, or I'd buy a set and make it myself.

this is a good book. It would make a good gift assuming he doesn't already have it.

I'm terrible with lego, I could never build anything even as a kid. But I'm going to keep scouting Google to see if anyone could send something ready-made.

That book looks cool - have you read it? Is it any good?

I always enjoyed gifts which led to me getting laid. I think most scientists would tend to agree. I'm just saying... which birthday presents do YOU wind up remembering a decade later? :cool:
So long as those birthday presents don't result in you having to buy more birthday presents.

I always enjoyed gifts which led to me getting laid. I think most scientists would tend to agree. I'm just saying... which birthday presents do YOU wind up remembering a decade later?

Well... a case of V.D. IS a gift you'll remember for decades to come.

I'm just sayin'!

Edited by bbrubaker

When I was reading a blog today, I saw a post about a sweater which had the complete periodic table on it. The only problem is that it was an ugly colour.

It's my housemate's birthday coming up, and he's doing a PhD in genetics. Does anyone know of any sciencey/geeky gifts online that I could get him along these lines?

Also, if I saw something cool enough, I would probably get something for myself. Oh, and I should probably note that he already has just about every one of those Giant Microbe toys!

Many thanks! :cool:

I bought myself a periodic table t-shirt which looks really cool, but its not the kind of thing you'd like to wear when going out or as a causual wear. But, if your friend like chemistry stuff i suggest buy him/her a molecular modelling set. hope this helps a bit.