What kind of member are you?

Cap'n Refsmmat

What type of forum member are you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of forum member are you?

• Type A (see post)
    • Type B
    • Type C
    • Type D
    • Other

Are you:

A) A member who lurks on the forums all the time, just waiting for a post to happen.

B) Someone who pops in and quickly checks for new posts, then leaves.

C) Someone who only comes on if they have to ask a question.

D) Someone that comes rarely and stays a while to read all the posts.

I used to be an A, but now I'm a B.

Unfortunately I've been type B as of late :/

I don't even read new posts, I just check the post count for the day, make sure theres nothing weird going on, and leave the computer. Probably going to be like this till early Septemeber.

I'm a combonation of A and B. If I respond in a thread to someone and see that they're still on line, I might hange around for a while to wait for them to reply. If I haven't posted anything lately for people to respond to, I'll just check mostly general discussion, general science, all the math ones, the politics and the religion. I leave the others alone. I guess for the most part I am a B.

I'm Type E. I start a thread when I have a question, I post when I have an opinion or an answer, I read old threads when I have the time and I respond when I get email notification. All of you are a great resource for perspectives I'm rarely exposed to in my personal and professional life.

You are mentally and spiritually refreshing!

I notice Sayonara3[/sup'] stays on for great lengths of time, though he might be doing other stuff at the same time.
Sayo is usually in invisible mode, but briefly yesterday evening he showed up as online. I just wondered if his stealth suit was at the cleaners or something.

Since trueLove hasn't made a reappearance, I noticed Sayo went back to Doomy Doom as a user title instead of To Protect and Sever. I feel like I've lost my Big Brother.

Although one thing that is kind of bugging me is that (so far) 90% of the threads(there weren't many to begin with) that I start, these threads simply die off - no response and are generally completely ignored.
I'll ressurect one of yours that didn't get much ink if you'll go back and ammend your post on my thread "Better Roads or More Jobs" in the politics forum.

I had no posts on it for 2 weeks, with about 25 viewings. I PM'd fafalone to change the title but he never did. Then I got a post from Tesseract, and you and Sayonara commented on his use of smilies but not to my thread. The viewings went up to like 80 but I still got only one opinion posted.

I'm still not sure if I just put it badly or simply left no room for discussion.

I had no posts on it for 2 weeks' date=' with about 25 viewings. I PM'd fafalone to change the title but he never did. Then I got a post from Tesseract, and you and Sayonara commented on his use of smilies but not to my thread. The viewings went up to like 80 but I still got only one opinion posted.

I'm still not sure if I just put it badly or simply left no room for discussion.[/quote']

I'm guessing it's because this thread you posted on the same general topic captured the discussion.

Since trueLove hasn't made a reappearance, I noticed Sayo went back to Doomy Doom as a user title instead of To Protect and Sever. I feel like I've lost my Big Brother.

:-(

There's always another troll around the corner.

Well, I'm kind of between A and B. I only come to check new posts (which is almost all of the time!). I don't really stay and lurk around except when there is an active conversation between me and someone else on a thread. Then, I wait till the other user posts! Otehrwise, I'm B, but I have gone for A as it is the type that best fits me!

• 3 months later...
I'm Type E. I start a thread when I have a question' date=' I post when I have an opinion or an answer, I read old threads when I have the time and I respond when I get email notification. All of you are a great resource for perspectives I'm rarely exposed to in my personal and professional life.

You are mentally and spiritually refreshing![/quote']

Just about the same here. I lurk when Ive not busy; I come in and out when I am; I start threads when I have questions (as you can see :) ), but Im not really a D, I show up pretty often around here. :)