What is it?

Abchirk

hmm, i thought the molecule in his picture was haemoglobin. and the resultant molecule would be the heme group. it has 10 double bonds giving us potassium.

this also has 6 kJ/mol resulting in manganese

EDIT: damn, theo responded and i was wrong

bugger

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, nothing but a slight reading error- you missed the part where I said to simplify the molecule, cutting all the "R" groups, this would have cut some double bonds, and formed others, to result in eleven. Wait, hold on... doesn't haem have 13 double bonds?

this also has 6 kJ/mol resulting in manganese

Well, everything does, techniquely. Factoring out "delta G o" (sorry, I don't know how to latex that), and product/ reactant molarity shifting to conc., the result has no dependence on the gradient involved, and is determined solely by concentration ratio, and temperature. That's why I added the bit with adding calcium's atomic number to it. Otherwise you could skip a multitude of preceding steps. ;)

Edited by Theophrastus

With UC's approval I will post the next riddle.

I am an element named after Einstein's Marie Currie. The person I am named after took the first steps to Little Boy, but was never awarded The Prize for my nobel work.

What is it?

With UC's approval I will post the next riddle.

I am an element named after Einstein's Marie Currie. The person I am named after took the first steps to Little Boy, but was never awarded The Prize for my nobel work.

What is it?

Meitnerium. Someone else post a riddle. I got nothin'.

seeing as UC said anyone can post one here's another:

This metalorganic compound is pretty unsavoury. if it was a person you'd say he was a real ass.

The molcular structure of this compound looks quite similar to what its name suggests but this is purely coincidental.

Edited by insane_alien
spelling

I am a stronger greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. I exist on ocean floors in the form of frozen hydrates and if I where to be release by the warming of the oceans I would increase global warming drastically. R you aware of who I am? :P

sorry he posted while I had the reply window open ><

I'll guess an answer for his cyclohexylmagnesium bromide.................

Edited by buttacup

seeing as UC said anyone can post one here's another:

This metalorganic compound is pretty unsavoury. if it was a person you'd say he was a real ass.

The molcular structure of this compound looks quite similar to what its name suggests but this is purely coincidental.

arsole?

i'm like a porphyrin, but with an extra pyrrole unit per ring. I am unbelievably difficult to make.

sapphyrin

Your first mistake was mentioning it in IRC a while back.

I am a polycyclic aromatic molecule with a rather sunny name, consisting solely of carbon and a chalcogen. What am I?

Edited by UC

I am a polycyclic aromatic molecule with a rather sunny name, consisting solely of carbon and a chalcogen. What am I?

I have been looking this up for awhile now and have come to the conclusion that a polycyclic aromatic molecule WITHOUT HYDROGEN leads to a headache and confusion!

Edited by macscigirl