Kangen Water Systems

vja4Him

Does anyone use the Kangen water system? A dentist friend just bought the system, and claims that drinking Kangen water has made him feel more healthy, stronger, energetic and more.

He gave me a dvd which I just started to watch. Kangen water seems like it's almost too good to be true ... !!!

If this is for real, then everyone should be drinking Kangen water. Unfortunately, you can't keep the water for more than a couple days, because the water breaks down, and looses its special properties.

I'll search for some webpages to post .... I wish that I could afford to buy the Kangen system, but it's way out of my price range ...

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Here is an interesting page I found:

http://www.kangenscam.com/

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

This articles seems to reveal the dishonest marketing scheme of Kangen, and the truths about comparing other ionization systems with Kangen:

http://articlesofhealth.blogspot.com/2007/02/kangen-water-fact-or-myth.html

Thanks for sharing that webpage! It's a little technical for me, although makes sense. Brings back memories of Chemistry years ago ....

So people are being duped into spending lots of money on devices that are basically useless ...

I'm wondering about the testimonies that people give ... Are they disallusioned into thinking that they are gaining some kind of health benefits?

Don't bother with it. Ionized water for health is nothing but pseudoscientific claptrap aimed at relieving the scientifically illiterate and worried well from there pennies. It's in the same league as homeopathic remedies.

Here's the facts, by a chemist:

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

Unless you've had some scientific education it's very easy to fall for this type of con that preys on people's ignorance...the scientific jargon is very convincing. Prince Charles, here in the Uk, subscribes to homeopathic remedies, so even the great and good are gullible!

These things 'work' because the placebo effect is very powerful...with the right degree of suggestion from someone, people can convince themselves they are benefiting.

The people's testimonials you've read are probably honest ones, but they've fallen for the placebo effect.

The pharmaceutical industry makes use of the placebo effect all the time, when trialling new drugs. They set up a control group of volunteers with fake drugs to make sure the results are really caused by their new drug and is not generated psychosomatically by the trial volunteer. i.e their minds should not generate the intended physical effects.

I'm happy to save you $4000 :D

That's exactly what I thought is happening. I think some people call it "hypersuggestion," or something like that.

Even though I'm not a scientist, I've had lots of science classes in college, and I take my education seriously. I did have to take Physics three times, but I didn't give up!

I also have some experience with physical and medical problems, and I know that some things are difficult even for the doctors to figure out.

If I wasn't careful and sensible, I could probably convince myself that orange juice, or pomegranate-blueberry juice, or cranberries, any number of things is what is healing me ... !!!

I know people who would swear by certain juices, or fruits, to be healing them. I just have to shake my head and wonder ....

I've also read that sometimes people who seem to be getting better, might actually be getting better, but their progress could have begun long before they started whatever it is they think has the healing powers.

And sometimes the people who do have some progress with their symptoms are the ones who are more agressive with trying to get better. Often they will do many things to better their health, not just drinking certain kinds of liquid, but start exercising, make changes in their diet, move to an area that may be healthier, or like myself, give up driving altogether, and ride a bicycle for life ....

Several doctors told me that I should stop exercising! Can you believe that? My own x-wife (when we were still married) told me that I should go ahead with the disability papers, so I could just stay home and collect government assistance. No way, not for me ...

I never thought that with all of my medical and physical problems that I would be living car-free! Wasn't too long ago, about three years ago, it was difficult for me to ride to work only two or three miles each way. And no way could I handle riding everyday.

Now I can ride to work 10 miles each way, plus riding another five miles or farther, do pick up a bunch of groceries and run errands, and still be in good enough shape to do it all over again the next day!

The body is an amazing system, even just left alone! A little exercise, with caution, and some serious changes in diet, finding ways of relieving stress, etc. can often have long lasting healing powers too!

Unless you've had some scientific education it's very easy to fall for this type of con that preys on people's ignorance...the scientific jargon is very convincing. Prince Charles, here in the Uk, subscribes to homeopathic remedies, so even the great and good are gullible!

These things 'work' because the placebo effect is very powerful...with the right degree of suggestion from someone, people can convince themselves they are benefiting.

The people's testimonials you've read are probably honest ones, but they've fallen for the placebo effect.

The pharmaceutical industry makes use of the placebo effect all the time, when trialling new drugs. They set up a control group of volunteers with fake drugs to make sure the results are really caused by their new drug and is not generated psychosomatically by the trial volunteer. i.e their minds should not generate the intended physical effects.

I'm happy to save you $4000 :D

Edited by vja4Him

The changes you have made to your life will have real benefits long-term for you. Avoid looking for short term solutions like that water ionizer and other 'life enhancing' technologies and substances. There are no short cuts to a better healthier life that you can buy.

The best medicine is a) A positive attitude b) A healthy diet c) A good bike ride! d) Keep asking questions here and you'll get FACTS! :)

The changes you have made to your life will have real benefits long-term for you. Avoid looking for short term solutions like that water ionizer and other 'life enhancing' technologies and substances. There are no short cuts to a better healthier life that you can buy.

The best medicine is a) A positive attitude b) A healthy diet c) A good bike ride! d) Keep asking questions here and you'll get FACTS! :)

I just wish that my dentist friend had done some reading and research on his own before he sunk $4000 into a worthless investment ....

Now, I have to set my oldest son straight, who spends lots of time at the dentist's house, playing video games with his son, and guess what they drink lots of .... Kangen magic water ...

They all claim that the Kangen magic water makes you poop a lot, and even gives you diarrhea, which is supposed to be evidence that Kangen water is cleaning out your body, and starting the healing process ...

Is there any end to this nonsense ... ???

The diarrhoea is probably caused by drinking too much water. The body is unable to absorb all the excess water ( that people are no doubt drinking VERY enthusiastically...More is better! :rolleyes:) when the waterlogged food is in the large intestine, where it would normally be fully absorbed, and excreted via the bladder.

If this is happening to your son, advise him to restrict his intake to just a couple of glasses. Emphasise to him that it's ONLY ordinary water....nothing more.

Water, like any other substance, is a poison when taken to excess....it can actually kill you! I

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-water-poisoning.htm

What bits I've read about Kangen, and other companies like it, I think they are quite ruthless and commercially evil.

Are you going to tell your friend of these findings?

The diarrhoea is probably caused by drinking too much water. The body is unable to absorb all the excess water ( that people are no doubt drinking VERY enthusiastically...More is better! :rolleyes:) when the waterlogged food is in the large intestine, where it would normally be fully absorbed, and excreted via the bladder.

If this is happening to your son, advise him to restrict his intake to just a couple of glasses. Emphasise to him that it's ONLY ordinary water....nothing more.

Water, like any other substance, is a poison when taken to excess....it can actually kill you! I

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-water-poisoning.htm

What bits I've read about Kangen, and other companies like it, I think they are quite ruthless and commercially evil.

Are you going to tell your friend of these findings?

Thanks for your comments! I've never had diarrhoea from drinking lots of water. In fact, when I'm going to be riding my bicycle a long ways (for me that's anything over probably 10 miles), I will usually take along at least one gallon of water. If I'm riding 25 miles in one day, I will drink all of that one gallon of water, plus more before I leave home, and a little more when I get back home, and several glasses of juice and milk in addition to all the water! Never have had problems with diarrhoea in all my life, except when I have the flu really bad.

Yes, I do plan on informing my dentist friend of the Kangen SCAM ... !!! BTW, he is not our dentist. However, I've heard from people that he does excellent dentist work.

I have a feeling that my friend will not believe me, and might not even read the facts. But I will try, softly, then a little stronger. I would like to print out some information to give to anyone who is considering spending a ton of money on a worthless contraption.

My uncle was warned by other professors at the university where he has taught Mathematics (Fullerton University) for many years (and my aunt taught Bio-Chemistry) not to buy an ionization water system, but just a good water filter. He uses a one-stage water filter and has good drinking water. We use a three-stage water filter.

I would agree that the companies pushing this rubbish are terrible villains ...

Edited by vja4Him