Time as the Ether (speculation)

Physman

Because we cannot prove the exsistent of Ether by physical experimentation, and time is not a physical essence of the universe, although both must have an exsitance in some fashion (I believe). So what if Time was completely constant regardless of different time frames, and was used as a an Ether or medium for light to travel through. The question I am asking is what if Time was the constant Ether?

Physman, I moved this to spec forum because it seems primarily philosophical in character. What do you mean by these terms? Is there some mathematical content? Sounds like purely verbal speculation, not related to quantitative empirical observation measurement etc. Want to clarify?

Yes Martin I believe you are correct it is more philisophical, although I still believe it would be possivel for light to be the so called medium for light to travel through. Because we havent been able to prove the existance of ether or time realisticly, and I think they might have a conection.

• 11 months later...
Because we cannot prove the exsistent of Ether by physical experimentation, and time is not a physical essence of the universe, although both must have an exsitance in some fashion (I believe). So what if Time was completely constant regardless of different time frames, and was used as a an Ether or medium for light to travel through. The question I am asking is what if Time was the constant Ether?

It would certainly explain why M&M were unable to detect ether on the spatial axis if the ether were 90 degrees displaced on the temporal axis. You are describing a modified Lorentzian Ether Theory. From what I have read this is an "equivalent" theory to our present Einsteinian model but the current model has some other advantages which I can't recall.