Next stage in human evolution??

Pmca88

That's just how I feel, not trying to be a dickhead or anything. I just think way outside of the box.
Please forgive us if we seem skeptical, but we've spent years on this forum trying to figure out why some people think they don't have to study science and yet somehow have some sort of "outside the box" insight into it. You are by no means the first person to come here with just enough science to form some hasty judgments which you then toss about as if they're fact.

I'm not making fun of you. You have the hubris of youth which makes you feel like anyone older than you doesn't understand you and your way of thinking. But trust me on this, your unique perspective will never trump the time and effort that has been spent in the last 150 years on the theory of evolution. I'm certainly not telling you to sit down and shut up, but I think you need to listen a little harder before you start making your mind up about what established science has to teach you.

Again, no one here is making fun of you, no one is calling you any names. This is science and if someone makes a mistake, it gets pointed out so future members can get it right.

Please forgive us if we seem skeptical, but we've spent years on this forum trying to figure out why some people think they don't have to study science and yet somehow have some sort of "outside the box" insight into it. You are by no means the first person to come here with just enough science to form some hasty judgments which you then toss about as if they're fact.

I'm not making fun of you. You have the hubris of youth which makes you feel like anyone older than you doesn't understand you and your way of thinking. But trust me on this, your unique perspective will never trump the time and effort that has been spent in the last 150 years on the theory of evolution. I'm certainly not telling you to sit down and shut up, but I think you need to listen a little harder before you start making your mind up about what established science has to teach you.

Again, no one here is making fun of you, no one is calling you any names. This is science and if someone makes a mistake, it gets pointed out so future members can get it right.

I feel like I found out what Einstein was trying to figure out, I just don't know how to put it into the equation. I don't know if it should be revealed either. I read a lot about Einstein, and Hawking, I also research a lot about the Mayans and there outlook on the universe.

I feel like I found out what Einstein was trying to figure out, I just don't know how to put it into the equation. I don't know if it should be revealed either. I read a lot about Einstein, and Hawking, I also research a lot about the Mayans and there outlook on the universe.

Einstein didn't think outside the box, not for Relativity anyways. He proved the box was a different shape than other people had though.

What I mean, is that he started with known physics, and stayed with known physics. He just showed that known physics meant that things people had assumed to be true weren't.

This was a logical conclusion based on the speed of light being constant, and the principle of relativity, both of which were accepted physics.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

To put it another way, when people are praised for "thinking outside of the box" what they are being praised for is not for disregarding what is known. It is for "making the box bigger", that is, discovering something new, something that less creative inside-the-box people can follow.

For example, suppose you decide to hire a toddler to design your house. He will think outside of the box, and his design will be worthless. Suppose you hire a mediocre architect. He will think in the box, design you a nice solid house, if a bit boring. Or you could hire a genius architect. The genius knows where the box is, and mostly sticks to it. He won't consider making the pillars out of Styrofoam for example. But he might think of something new, that others have not thought about -- and be an inspiration to others. So, the box will be bigger, as other people can now easily follow his example, even if they are boring think-inside-the-box people. The toddler's thinking outside the box won't be inspirational to anyone who thinks inside the box.

Edited by Mr Skeptic
Consecutive posts merged.

I feel like I found out what Einstein was trying to figure out, I just don't know how to put it into the equation. I don't know if it should be revealed either.

So post it already. Would you rather some nefarious person later discovered it and the world didn't know it's being used, or that you gave everyone a heads-up by posting it where everyone can review it and prepare safeguards?

Let's make a bet though. I'll open a PayPAl account with $100, if your hypothesis seems groundbreaking to any member here (that's been one at least a month), it's yours.

That's not to disparage your ideas or abilities, it's help for realizing that what might seem fantastic in our heads, could be a far different reality written out.

So post it already. Would you rather some nefarious person later discovered it and the world didn't know it's being used, or that you gave everyone a heads-up by posting it where everyone can review it and prepare safeguards?

Let's make a bet though. I'll open a PayPAl account with $100, if your hypothesis seems groundbreaking to any member here (that's been one at least a month), it's yours.

That's not to disparage your ideas or abilities, it's help for realizing that what might seem fantastic in our heads, could be a far different reality written out.

You don't understand what all this has made me though. I can't even sleep on my own anymore, I have to take pills because without them I am conscious during my dreams.

Is it worth losing sleep over something that is almost guaranteed to be wrong?

These are the times when I have my most vivid thoughts. When you take the time to try and figure out who I am, and what I'm trying to do you'll surely thank me later.

• 2 weeks later...
Once again, the topic is Evolution. How we might evolve and change in the future.

One quick question, Galindo.

Do you understand that you will never evolve? Neither will I, nor anyone else, for that matter.

Populations evolve, it's what the word means. Individuals cannot--by definition--evolve. Even if you discover some never-before described (scientifically) brain potential and teach us all how to use it for the benefit of all humankind. . .that does not constitute evolution.

I've just read this entire thread for the first time and I'm not sure where you are on that question.

Bill Wolfe

I can evolve. All I need to do is change my allele frequency, right? So just one mutation is enough. Though I suppose it would be hard to apply to a large portion of my cells.

You can only have two alleles. So you can't really change the frequency of any allele within yourself, if I'm understanding you correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
One quick question, Galindo.

Do you understand that you will never evolve? Neither will I, nor anyone else, for that matter.

Populations evolve, it's what the word means. Individuals cannot--by definition--evolve. Even if you discover some never-before described (scientifically) brain potential and teach us all how to use it for the benefit of all humankind. . .that does not constitute evolution.

I've just read this entire thread for the first time and I'm not sure where you are on that question.

Bill Wolfe

I have knowledge that can bring about another enlightenment....

Owned?