"Anti-Gravity"

<Ragnarok>

Excellent :) Now tell us how it works, so we can analyze it.

On the face of it, it sounds implausible, I don't see how any of these can produce an anti gravity machine. My guess would be using electrodynamic effects to repel the dime away from a coil that produces electromagnetism. That, however, isn't exactly an "anti gravity" machine per say, but I guess you can treat it as one if you consider a "floating coin" as "anti gravity" (notice that the machine doesn't cancel gravity, it just produces a stronger force upwards). That's just semantics, though.

Another point to think of, though, is that while this type of machine (and again, I'm guessing what you made, I won't know until you tell us how you made it) will work great on a dime, but will not work all that great on a human being or something close to that size. In those sizes, the electrical current needs to be quite high, which then results in potential deadly byproduct of electrocution (among other implications).

So these are the explanations out of *GUESSING* what you built.

I'll hold off a final judgment until you tell us how this machine works and what it does. Where did you find how to build it, by the way?

~moo

One question: If it really was cancelling gravity: Why did it stop going up after a few centimetres?

There would be two effect at work to get that result:

1) Cancellation of gravity

2) An upward force on the card and coin.

If this really is an anti-gravity device, then (1) must have occurred, or it is not actually anti-gravity and the same (with a greater effect) could have been done buy simple magnets. Because the card moved upwards, then (2) must also have occurred.

But, if there was no gravity, then there would be no downwards force on the card/coin at all. So, even if the force that caused the card were to be removed, the card/coin would ahve continued up until the anti-gravity effect was turned off (the device dismantled at the most).

What should not have occurred is that the car/coin seem to levitate as it did.

In other words, the only way the effect that we see would occur is if someone was faking it. Anti-gravity would not cause the kinds of effect that was seen in that video. :doh: