Blonde hair and hazel eyes...

Jasmin

Hi my question is, is it really rare or uncommon for a person with natural blonde hair to have hazel eyes? Im a natural blonde and people are always accusing me of bleaching my hair because blondes usually have blue or green eyes...

I have light blonde hair...my features used to be darker when I was little but my eyes and hair got lighter as I got older but from far away my eyes look brown, you can only see the green in them up close...

I have light blonde hair...my features used to be darker when I was little but my eyes and hair got lighter as I got older but from far away my eyes look brown, you can only see the green in them up close...

Then it is uncommon, but not weird. It does happen, as does that startling combination of dark brown/black hair and blue or green eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of weird...hahahahaaa. In genetics, anything is possible. It's all a probablity thing.

I myself am black, Irish, Native American, and West Indian. I have caramel skin, brown hair with light brown highlights with a red tint, and eyes that deside what color they want to be ranging from brown to light brown to hazel. I guess you have to look into your background :::scientist side of me kicking in::: if you are able to get a good background on yourself, you may even be able to do a semi-accurate dihybrid cross on yourself. Have fun:)

• 4 months later...
Guest mestabolite

Hey guys happy you discussing this, I have notice than from all my friends that recently had kids, where one of the parents have brown eyes and the other blue eyes, the kids all have BLUE EYES, as you know Bb (B=Brown, b=blue) Brown is a dominant gene and in general most of them should have brown eyes. Has anyone else notice this?

• 2 months later...

until I was about 6, then my hair started to darken. By the time I was in high school, it was "paper bag brown" . It was also really oily and always looked dirty. I started "frosting it" to improve the color and also to dry it out some. I was ever so glad when foiling was invented. It was torture to have long hair pulled through a cap with crochet hooks.

Cut to the chase - I was born blonde with hazel eyes.

Hey guys happy you discussing this, I have notice than from all my friends that recently had kids, where one of the parents have brown eyes and the other blue eyes, the kids all have BLUE EYES, as you know Bb (B=Brown, b=blue) Brown is a dominant gene and in general most of them should have brown eyes. Has anyone else notice this?

This means the parents are bb and Bb and that means the grandparents are xb xb and Bx xb where x is unknown, so the parents of the brown eye parent were blue and brown heterozygous.

Every child has an independant chance for blue eyes with every "trial" (fertilisation), so to having mulitple children with blue eyes shouldnt be any less rare for these parents as just one with blue eyes. Its like flipping a coin, getting heads on the first toss doesn't reduce the chances of getting heads on the second toss.

• 2 weeks later...

well it is independant but you're statistics are a bit rusty, its much less likely to have multiple children with blue eyes

chances of one blue eyed child: 1:2

chances of two blue eyed childs: 1:4

chances of three blue eyed childs: 1:8

chances of four blue eyed childs: 1:16

chances of five blue eyed childs: 1:32

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest kiyoshi

heres the thing, regardless, in the last century, alot has occured obviously, and other than such specticles of 'x-men' and other creations of that it isnt far from the truth. Especially with all the people of mixed races. I myself am japanese and german. and for some reason beyond any known every damn person in my family has brown eyes and dark hair, and they all have glasses, everyone, even the german side. ME on the other hand, i naturally have this odd dull brown/ blonde colour, and i have bluish green eyes and above 30/20 vision. I cant explain it, no one cares to, the point is, i am living proof of how screwed up genetic possibilities can be. so it wouldnt surprise me if you started to see black people with red hair and freckles, and if you saw the whitest person youve ever seen with asian eyes and a dark black afro. to be honest, if i saw an umpa-loompa from willy wonka i wouldnt be surprised. espesscially in canada where if anywhere youll find someone who has a part of some other culture you wouldnt expect.

Guest kiyoshi

actually, just to add something, if you take keanu reeves for example, he is like 1/4 japanese, 1/4 hawaiian, 1/2 english, now if you look at him he has brown hair, brown eyes, and if you look at the matrix has like blonde chest hair? would someone care to explain that?!?! cause that just confuzes the hell out of me.

well it is independant but you're statistics are a bit rusty' date=' its much less likely to have multiple children with blue eyes

chances of one blue eyed child: 1:2

chances of two blue eyed childs: 1:4

chances of three blue eyed childs: 1:8

chances of four blue eyed childs: 1:16

chances of five blue eyed childs: 1:32[/quote']

you sure about those ^

if i remember correctly the chance of ONE blue eyed child was more like 1:4 or more. I mean, it all depends on the parents.

Unless im missing something, your statistics say that 1 child will either have blue eyes or X eyes. leaving no room for more than 2 colors.

• 11 months later...

heya i have blondish brownish ringlets hair with green eyes what i find odd is none of my parents or grandparents on either side had curly hair and i have natural ringlets and when i say that im not jokin people always ask have i had a perm !! but neways wat i wanted to ask was i definately dont want to start dying my hair blonde but i do so love the blonde colour so is there any other way i can get it blonde???? plz help !!!!! thanx

so it wouldnt surprise me if you started to see black people with red hair and freckles,

I've seen this... I'm not entirely certain it was due to genetics though... The environment (i'm thinking about food) can have an effect too no?