Cheaper Petrol for all!

infinitesolid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, whats going on here?

if your design is some buckets on a loop for bringing oil to the surface then not only have you not invented anything new(such technology has existed since mesopotamia many millenia ago) but you have also not invented anything practical. using a pump works much better.

With the $Billions currently being spent by oil companies on research, how is it that no one has come up with this idea before? Could it be because this idea isn't feasible? Not meaning to discourage your ideas, but I don't see it as solving anything. I'm not an expert on oil, however I see some potential problems with your idea:

Are you proposing to dig a very large hole (say approx. 600 mm?) for your buckets instead of a small hole (approx. 150mm) for a pipe? For the distance of a typical oil well say 1500 m? That is very much more digging.

Also, are you aware that a pump/pipe combination is much more efficient than your bucket mechanism? Again you will get less oil from more work...

Some oil wells are under pressure and will erupt crude oil in a "gusher" once the overlying rock has been breached. This is an environmental nightmare as well as a waste of oil. Fortunately, this can be readily capped off when a pipe is used, resulting in no oil loss/escape. How do you propose to cap off your open pit required for your buckets?

Additionally, modern oil wells often inject water, natural gas, CO2, and/or other substances to force the oil out more efficiently because of the higher underground pressure. Typically this is done to extend the life of the well when it becomes old and depleted. With are large open pit, how do you propose to maintain this additional pressure?

Just some things for you to think about...

I do notice you state "patent pending". Please do keep us informed. If you (or Paul Griifiths) are granted this patent, I will be the first to congratulate you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_pump <yes your idea is completely new.

not to mention it cannot be used on pressurized oil wells, which is to say, all of them.

and what about off shore wells? a little thing we like to call seas and oceans means it is unworkable.

that chain pump is not the same thing.

All i know is the world needs more energy.

we only have so much petrol left to last so many years, so every bit helps.

Water needs to be pumped.

Food needs to be delivered.

All this needs energy.

Petrol is energy, there is also solar, etc.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

If people stop trying to find my password then i can log in as infinitesolid.

so in future please only listen to me as infinitesolid. not any other.

Thank you though people for not pretending to be me as infinitesolid3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

using my invention, we can get a HUGE AMOUNT more oil, and save the enviroment too.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Please remember how fast we can spin theres buckets with an engine.

As for pressure, any thing can be covered over as a cap.

more oil isn't going to save the environment, and nobody is 'trying to find your password'

and the chainpump is identical. lots of buckets in a chain rotated by an engine of some sort be it hand cranked, horse drawn or IC engine.

you have not invented something new, it will not make oil wells produce more oil(current methods of increasing extraction from wells are generally not concerned with how it is brought to the surface as this is not the problem.

there is a limited amount of oil in an oil field we can already extract nearly all of it, the reason we don't go after the rest is that it would take more energy than we'd get back from burning the oil.

if you have a 2 mile pipe using a pump, you have to lift all that weight of oil just to get 1 drop.

It's about a ballance between weight, amount of buckets, and distance.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
but it does not go 30-40 miles per gallon vertically.

Your only lifting the weight of 1 gallon, not a car.

From standstill, what the force needed to push a car?

you obviously do not understand how oil pumping works, we pump stuff down and the oil comes up. not to mention there are a lot of oil wells where pumping isn't required at all, all you have to do is run a pipe to your refinary.

your not just lifting the weight of 1 gallon, you are lifting thousands of gallons every second.

EDIT: you still haven't demonstrated how your 'invention' is new

you obviously do not understand how oil pumping works, we pump stuff down and the oil comes up. not to mention there are a lot of oil wells where pumping isn't required at all, all you have to do is run a pipe to your refinary.

your not just lifting the weight of 1 gallon, you are lifting thousands of gallons every second.

EDIT: you still haven't demonstrated how your 'invention' is new

Sorry, that chain pump is not the same thing, give it a propper read.

Oil wells are usually drilled down using heavy boring bits to get through the rock to the oil. These can be 5" to 36" in diameter, and then a smaller pipe is run through the hole. Your bucket system would require an enormous hole to be dug to make room for your bucket system. You would use more energy, you couldn't go as deep without the sides caving in, and you would leave a tremendously dangerous and unsightly gouge in the earth after the oil was gone.

Anyway, i might get the nobel prize for energy, enviroment and my fact on the infinitate universe.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Oil wells are usually drilled down using heavy boring bits to get through the rock to the oil. These can be 5" to 36" in diameter, and then a smaller pipe is run through the hole. Your bucket system would require an enormous hole to be dug to make room for your bucket system. You would use more energy, you couldn't go as deep without the sides caving in, and you would leave a tremendously dangerous and unsightly gouge in the earth after the oil was gone.

How small can you make a bucket? how fast can you make the buckets spin?

no, i don't think you will.

and using an petrol engine to drive it is not worthy of a patent. seeing as you aren't really doing anything origional.

the buckets won't be able to go very fast(this is the major flaw of chain pumps) so to get a decent flow you need large buckets.

Anyway, i might get the nobel prize for energy, enviroment and my fact on the infinitate universe.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

How small can you make a bucket? how fast can you make the buckets spin?

Not nearly as small as I can make a pipe. And not nearly as fast as I can pump oil through said pipe.

But anyway, to be optimistic, I congratulate you in advance, for receiving the nobel prize...

Right, i did invent the chain pump in my own mind.

Though, yes the manual chain pump has been invented. thanks for the data.

A car goes 30-40 miles per gallon.

How far can an engine drop a 1 gallon bucket and lift it up?

If you have a 2 mile pipe and you wish to suck it, you have to lift all that weight just to get a drop.

How much puch does it take to move a car?

how much weight can an engine lift?

It's about ballance. welcome to a cleaner world!

sigh, you haven't been reading my posts have you. the pumps used for oil pump stuff DOWN they don't suck the oil up because that would be impossible.

just because a car can get 30-40 mpg doesn't matter at all. to use a vehicle engine for a static load pump would be horribly inefficient not to mention it would not have sufficient power.

remember, you are not just lifting a single gallon at a time. to achieve the same rate of oil extraction as current methods you need to be looking on the order of 100-1000 gallons a second.

and then your buckets will be limited to something like 5 miles ano hour otherwise the chain pump won't work.(the chain will literally fly off the top and screw up your drive mechanism).

and how much force it takes for a car to move also has absolutely bugger all to do with a chain pump.

explain how this is better than current methods.