i can only imagine

rocketman420

what would society be like if drugs weren't illegal? it is interesting trying to omagine. or maybe not even that but just like a scanner darkly or something where its illegal but like 50% of the population does it... i don't know if life then would be fascinating or just horrible

I don't think it'd be all that different really. Say they were all regulated against public use as is standard with legal drugs. For the more innocuous stuff, particularly marijuana, the whole bit of black market crime that goes with it peripherally to its actual use (mostly involving production and distribution) would basically stop. Plus its medical uses could finally be freed up. For the more dangerous and addictive stuff, well users would mess up their lives just as thoroughly or more so, and i say let um, with the added plus of no more meth labs poisoning neighborhoods. Plus, heavy sales tax to put towards some good use.

well yeah you might be right, i mean in the old days you could buy heroin and cocaine as easily as aspirin, it wasn't until that "harrisen act" or whatever that pretty much all drugs were criminalized... i bet being like a drug addict was similar to like being a smoker is like people would know "oh he's a smoker"...

i think crime rate would go down since like right now doing/making drugs itself is a crime and trying to catch those people creates a lot of deaths in itself... also like right now i.e. narcotics are illegal so some opiate addicts try to rob pharmacies or stuff like that...

Edited by rocketman421