OH-CH2-CH2-OH - Death Poison

AtomicMX

Does that mean a decrease in arsenic will kill you?

Yes, and so is skipping a day or in some cases if it won't kill you outright, it will severely deteriorate your condition so that you will die very very soon afterwards.

It has to be taken on a day to day basis(no skippage) and exact same amounts.

actually, on second thought, i have two:

botulinum toxin A (1 million times more toxic than dioxin, the most toxic chemical humans have ever synthesized)

also

neptunium-234

that stuff releases more energy in gamma rays than anything i've ever heard of. plus, its half-life is 4.4 days

On a side note, with all these wonderful things being mentioned here, here's something that (hopefully) more than less of you will know about:

I don't know about you, but I find it very ironic that doctors are in the regular habbit of perscribing Nitro Glycerine to heart patients.

It is in powder form, and I don't think it is, but I wonder actually how explosive the stuff is in that state.

-Ian

ascanio sobrero discovered this the hard way. you'd think that chemists from the middle ages would have the presence of mind NOT to taste the chemicals they produced; especially if the chemicals were previously unknown to man

haha... So Alfred Nobel just took that stuff that was already known about and made it into the solid, dynamite form?

And I was aware that it opened up blood vessels, but I didn't know that it was because it yielded NO.

Now is NO Nitrous Oxide, or is it N2O2, or is N2O2 really a compound (or is it just called a molecle? Sorry for butchering all these terms... It's been a while since I've been in a Chemistry class.

-Ian

Quote:

Originally Posted by budullewraagh

ascanio sobrero discovered this the hard way. you'd think that chemists from the middle ages would have the presence of mind NOT to taste the chemicals they produced; especially if the chemicals were previously unknown to man

haha... So Alfred Nobel just took that stuff that was already known about and made it into the solid, dynamite form?

yeah, after so many countries banned it due to random explosions in factories and in shipping (mostly due to neglegence considering one fool greased the axles of his cart with NG) nobel tried to figure out a way to make NG more stable but still just as explosive. he found that kieselguhr and ng formed a plastic putty-like substance. that is dynamite.

Now is NO Nitrous Oxide, or is it N2O2, or is N2O2 really a compound (or is it just called a molecle? Sorry for butchering all these terms... It's been a while since I've been in a Chemistry class.

NO is nitric oxide. N2O is nitrous oxide. N2O2 isn't at all stable, but i suppose it can exist since O does have the oxidation state of -2 and N can also have a +2. however, it is not likely that you'll ever see or hear of N2O2.