USA is doomed

ydoaPs

tbh i'm surprised it wasn't invented in scotland. we deepfry everything.

there's even a chippy (a shop that sells chips, or what the yanks would call 'fries') theat will deep fry anything you give them. if they can't deep fry it, they'll give you money.

I've actually had one of these (mentioned in the OP). It was invented by a guy at the Texas State Fair. He is a computer programmer by day, but sets up a vendor stand a few weeks out of the year at the fair. He's won awards several times for taste and for creativity.

He basically takes a donut batter, and instead of mixing it with water he mixes it with coca-cola. He stirs it up, forms the balls, then deep fries them. When they come out, he sprinkles it with sugar/cinnamon, pours some concentrated coca-cola syrup over them, and then tops with a bit of whipped cream.

I had to share the small cup with my girlfriend to avoid getting a stomach ache and going into a diabetic coma, but it was pretty tasty. It's basically a coca-cola flavored donut.

Invented... right here... in Texas. :D

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think that the corn dog was invented at the Texas State Fair, too. They have the best corn dogs I've ever eaten... and, yes... I know we're doomed.

Invented... right here... in Texas. :D

So much to blame that state for :P

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think that the corn dog was invented at the Texas State Fair, too. They have the best corn dogs I've ever eaten... and, yes... I know we're doomed.
especially with chili sauce :eek: fair food is wrong... but it's sooooo good...

You know... Practically everything I said in my post was explicitly mentioned in the article. I should really read those things before responding. :doh:

@AzurePhoenix: Blame us? You're just jealous because we're the best state EVER! Now... excuse me. I have to go vote to ensure that a creationist can become our statewide head of high school science curricula.