Relativity, Gravity, and light

KtownChemist

Thoughts on this comment.

Where mass exists some of the energy associated with the space has been converted to mass so with a more massive object more space energy has been converted to mass.

I believe this can explain gravity. Effectively, space is stretched by the presence of matter, so the plank length is longer in relation to massless space.

Thoughts on this comment.

Where mass exists some of the energy associated with the space has been converted to mass so with a more massive object more space energy has been converted to mass.

What is space energy?

Is it the vacuum energy or something else?

I believe this can explain gravity. Effectively, space is stretched by the presence of matter, so the plank length is longer in relation to massless space.

You can think of gravity as local geometry. So, the "stretching of space" is a heuristic interpretation, that is fine.

Planck length/energy is a scale at which quantum effects must be taken into account in a gravitational theory. You should think of it as a bound rather than an absolute scale. It is possible that the quantum gravity scale is much less than this.

So, are you trying to say that the energy scale at which quantum effects must be taken into account is lower in the presence of matter as compared to pure gravity?

If so, maybe. But can you give some real argument as why?

OK, WHEN DISCOVER GRAVITY PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We (you, yikes) can make fortunes!

Edited by swansont
fix/add quote tag

OK, WHEN DISCOVER GRAVITY PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We (you, yikes) can make fortunes!

Do you mean discover a "quantum description of gravity"?

I think just about everyone accepts gravity exists, and moreover it is well explained classically viz general relativity.

Do you mean discover a "quantum description of gravity"?

I think just about everyone accepts gravity exists, and moreover it is well explained classically viz general relativity.

No doubt ajb. GR well understood. Tell me what gravity is and how we can mimic it. No can do dude (now), or we'd be + trillionares.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Actually, I may hypothesize a bit on the subject, if I may. It will take something else other then a mass constructed by humans obviously, which conflicts with GR THEORY. What can it be.