"Now" and Uncertainty

asprung

I am not sure what you mean by "repeat" here.

For every observer there is a frame of reference. Sometimes that frame of reference is a similar frame of reference to the experiment/event.

Different observers in different frames of reference will see different parts of an event differently.

BUT they will always be able to mathematically adjust for these differences by using Relativity. This adjustment does not work if you only consider the 3 dimensions of space. It does work if you include a dimension of Time and include it as part of the adjustments.

In my last post, I talked about how a photon, seen from a higher point than it was emitted from will appear to loose energy and violate the conservation of energy laws.

In that instance, different observers see a different version of the Event repeated (is this how you meant for the word "repeated" to be used?). However, this is only because they are considering a spatial effect (one is higher than the other). However, if they also take into account the Temporal difference (people in a higher gravitational field - that is lower height - experience Time more slowly), then there is no difference in energy and no violation of the conservation laws.

But, if you assume an Absolute Frame of Reference (an absolute spatial co-ordinate system, or an absolute Now), then you have the problem with the missing energy again.

So to make it very simple: Yes, different observers see an event repeated for them, but the event that they see is mathematically related to the one that the other sees.

This mathematical relationship depends on the relative motion between the observers (and the event being observed) and is connected by the theory of Relativity.

If the principals behind relativity (one being that there is not absolute frame of reference) were wrong, then we would see massive violations of the laws of conservation of energy. And as we don't see such things, we can be confident that Relativity (and the principals that it is based on) are correct.

As these are correct, you claim of a universal "Now" must be incorrect. "Now" must therefore be based on the relative motion of the observers.

Is the event itself repeated in diffrent time frames?

The problem we are having here is that you have one specific meaning of the word "Event" and I am trying to determine what that definition is. Without that definition I can not answer such a question to your satisfaction.

I have tried to answer it in a more general way, one that if you carefully read and try to understand (and ask questions about) what I have written we could make progress in actually getting to what you want to know and how I can answer it in a way that you understand. If you just repeat the same question, then all I can give is the same answer (but I can change the word using a thesaurus if you like).

Just repeating the question will not make it any easier for me, or anyone else, to understand what you actually want to know.

The fact that you just repeated your question without asking any question about what I had written shows that you have not tried to understand it. If you had tried to understand it and were unable to, you would have a specific question about what I had written that you didn't understand.

So, don't repeat you question in your next post. Instead, ask a question concerning why my post didn't seem to address your question.

Take a single explosion in space as an event. Can it occur twice,once in each of a separate time frame? I didnt understand you as directly answsesring this. If the answer is no then I would understand it as occuring at a universal "now" for the event. I know that I may be out in left field but my mind is satisfied with this concept.

The explosion only happens once in its own reference frame. It may appear to occur at different times when measured from different reference frames, but the event itself happens only once. The issue is that determining precisely where and precisely when that explosion took place is subject to disagreement, and depends entirely on the observer. Finally, even though the observers may disagree on the timing/location of the explosion, they are both correct.