Hi Everyone I am new here.

MarkWahlbergTwo

Hello :)

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I have been trolling this community for a while now, but have not made a post.

I am from Algiers and like to play computers and coffee. I hope to get a lot out of this place .

Thank you for having me :)

Marcus

Mod note: moved to GD from Science News

Edited by swansont

Hello :)

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I have been trolling this community for a while now, but have not made a post.

Marcus - I'm not sure that word means what you think it means. Did you perhaps intend to use the word "lurking?" Anyway... Welcome.

Edited by iNow

• 2 weeks later...
It may sound like nitpicking, but the word "may" means you don't have to. It's in the rules. So what happens if you choose not to?

the word 'may' in the rules refferes to the moderators right to choose not to punish someone for a violation in the rules should they decide that it would not be appropriate to punish someone for the violation.

for instance, if there was a discussion on vulgar language, it would be impossible to not break rule 1.b so people would not be punished for using such language as long as it served a purpose related to the conversation.

if someone entered that thread and just posted '****' 1000 times, they would be punished as it is clearly just gratuitous and not related to the discussion.

it does not reffer to the users choice to break the rules. if you continually ignore the rules of the forum you will eventually be banned.