In the film "underworld", the werewolf

regenerationnee

Where was the bullets going when the werewolves and vampires recovered their gunshot wounds?

If one were to guess, and speculate despite the fact this is clearly movie fantasy, I would suggest that they basically "fall out." The thing is that they are not really getting "wounded." If they were, then there would be demonstrable harm... yet, there is no harm, so it seems incorrect to suggest a wound.

With that said, it's probably that the bullets enter and pass-through entirely, or the bullets enter, stop, then fall out of the hole they made when entering.

How about this... Since we know it's based on fantasy, let's try to propose cool ideas on what might happen to those bullets. What are your thoughts?

If this "speculation" among members here gains any traction, it might also be a good idea to move this thread to the forum dedicated to that, as opposed to biology. :)

Oh that is all wrong. The bullets stay in the werewolf, and can't hurt it.

The reason is simple: where a human bleeds internally if an object pierces them, werewolves are either kind of undead, or their body system differs greatly from ours -- enough that bullets cause little (if any) harm.

Silver bullets on the other hand, they are vulnerable to because the metal element is their weakness and bane.

My take on it.

The bullets go in then the werewolf or vampire digests them then excetes them via their anus. OUCH! You never see this because they never show vampires or werewolves doing 1's or 2's in movies.

That might work if they get shot in the stomach and it so happened to land exactly inside or something, but how does a bullet get into the intestinal track after being shot in lets say...the leg?

The only thing I could think is that there is mechanism within the body that will recognize a bullet or metal or whatever and cause it to either to be incased with some super protective layer of something and have some super strong acid break down the bullet and have the body push it out like a pimple or something.

Then they would also need to reroute all important components of the body in such a way that when the body repairs itself there is still the essential path to carry blood and such throughout the body. If not then they need a whole new system that doesn't rely on the circulatory system, which kinda makes lungs and hearts pointless.

I am not sure if this is evolutionarily possible. Maybe by genetic eng. You would need an environment where as a species you get shot a lot or someone constantly trying to gun you down, I think the pressures would be so large that you would never get a chance to have the right mutation to come about.

Noted!

Say though you could like clone billions of these things and expose it to an environment over and over again for millions of centuries is it possible that something like that would happen, hypothetically accepting a scenario like that is feasible? or do I need to read more on evolutionary biology lol.

I thought mutations are random for the most part and that selection deems which mutations are beneficial.

You just need the intermediate steps, each of which are influenced by plausible mutations that are beneficial (or at least non-harmful) at every step of the way. So, for example, we're never going to directly evolve "resistance" to shotgun blasts to the chest. But perhaps the adaptations that make you more likely to survive, say, a bullet in the leg (missing major arteries) would then make certain other mutations more plausible, etc. Or maybe not. There are plenty of organisms that can fully recover from extreme physical trauma, but none of them had to evolve from a mammal...

ahhh, I see.

Do we have the ability yet to create mutations? As in like force DNA to make errors (or however the process my be) If so that will be an interesting time to live in.

Do we have the ability yet to create mutations? As in like force DNA to make errors (or however the process my be) If so that will be an interesting time to live in.

Go build a house near Chernobyl, or smoke, or eat too much red meat, or ad infinitum.

lol I mean more selectively and precise. Like genetic engineering. Bad example: metal gear solid (got to keep the theme of fantasy)

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Les_Enfants_Terribles

"The initial phase of the project involved manipulation of Big Boss' genes to create genetically identical clones. An egg from Dr. Clark's Japanese assistant was fertilized with strains of Big Boss' DNA and transferred to the womb of another member of The Patriots, EVA, who acted as a surrogate mother. Of the eight embryos created this way, six were aborted, thus producing twin clones. Further work was done so that one clone recieved twin copies of each of Big Boss' dominant soldier genes, making him a genetically "superior" soldier, while the other recieved his recessive traits, which were considered "inferior" for the project's goals. "
Edited by GutZ

That might work if they get shot in the stomach and it so happened to land exactly inside or something, but how does a bullet get into the intestinal track after being shot in lets say...the leg?

The only thing I could think is that there is mechanism within the body that will recognize a bullet or metal or whatever and cause it to either to be incased with some super protective layer of something and have some super strong acid break down the bullet and have the body push it out like a pimple or something.

Then they would also need to reroute all important components of the body in such a way that when the body repairs itself there is still the essential path to carry blood and such throughout the body. If not then they need a whole new system that doesn't rely on the circulatory system, which kinda makes lungs and hearts pointless.

I am not sure if this is evolutionarily possible. Maybe by genetic eng. You would need an environment where as a species you get shot a lot or someone constantly trying to gun you down, I think the pressures would be so large that you would never get a chance to have the right mutation to come about.

I wasn't really talking scientifically.

But I guess when the bullet enters the body it liquidizes then travels to the stomach to be digested. We're talking about werewolves and vampires here... anything goes.