Science in "Day after Tmr"

bloodhound

i just watched "Day After Tomorrow" and i have to admit there was some funky special efffects. But is any of the science in the movie any good? does the change in current, affect the weather to such extent? Is it possible for tempreture to change at 15 degrees a second. The bit when it says the cold air is sucked from the stratosphere and is sucked to the ground fast enough for it to not get warm? doesnt that involve the air to travel at immense velocity? Can the air travel that fast?(on earth of course)

AHG! THAT MOVIE SUCKED!

Ok sorry, No the whole concept was phony. As soon as the air came to the surface it would compress and heat up. If it did not compress then they would have suffocated. You can’t have it both ways. The only reason the air up there is that cold is because it is thin.

Ya the effects were nice and it kept me entertained, but the science sucked, not to mention they blatantly forced liberal views on me the whole movie.

It's an appalling insult to science... but what do you expect from the same people responsible for Independence Day...

I'm not saying either are bad movies, in fact I think they're both very entertaining, but you have to suspend your knowledge of science to enjoy it.

"Mexico has opened up it's borders to United States refugees as the president as forgiven all Latin American Debt" (Or something like that' date=' I don't remember verbatum)

Made me laugh.[/quote']

Any problem with México?

Only as a funny comment, some years ago, the narcs (narcotrafic managers) sent a message to the president saying that if the police, army and PGR stoped to chace them, they would pay our debt to U.S.A. :P

Pretty strong narctraffic.. isn´t it?

i just watched "Day After Tomorrow" and i have to admit there was some funky special efffects. But is any of the science in the movie any good?

Science? What science? There's no science!

I think the funniest part of The Core is the super metal, which I like to call "Unubtanium" (for unubtainable).