RIP Michael Jackson

ecoli

Say what you want about his weird lifestyle and alleged pedophilia-type behavior. I have and always loved his music. RIP to an American hero/legend.

:-(

You know, I loved his music too, and I am sad he's dead. He's probably an American legend, sure, but.. hero? no.

You know, I loved his music too, and I am sad he's dead. He's probably an American legend, sure, but.. hero? no.

He transformed the world of music. I'm sure he's a hero to pop musicians. But, if you really want to have a semantics debate...

He transformed the world of music. I'm sure he's a hero to pop musicians. But, if you really want to have a semantics debate...

I didn't mean this as semantics debate, I meant it more as a reminder than though he did change the face of music, he was INCREDIBLY controversial (to say the least) about his more-than-outrageous behavior and legal problems. I, personally, would not call that type a hero, but I see your point.

I was just trying to point out mine..

I didn't mean this as semantics debate, I meant it more as a reminder than though he did change the face of music, he was INCREDIBLY controversial (to say the least) about his more-than-outrageous behavior and legal problems. I, personally, would not call that type a hero, but I see your point.

Hey... he was never found guilty of anything! >:D

Perhaps an antihero? Antiheroes are very intriguing figures in literature, and I think it applies here -- a character whose feats are heroic, but whose nature is controversial and socially unacceptable (like Batman in The Dark Knight).

You won’t get a much bigger story than this over the weekend. I can just about remember when the news that Elvis had died. Back in 1977 you didn’t have the mass media and communication that you have today, news was practically drip fed to the various news agencies. Last night I couldn’t believe the speed at which this story was flashed around the world; it was out literally within ten minutes of his passing.

I think everyone has criticized his style of living over the last twenty years I know I have, and the media vilified him during the child sex allegations. However all that aside you cannot deny the genius when it came to his music, I still think today that Thriller has the best dance sequence performed on a pop video ever. There will be an outpouring of grief by his fans that will equal Diana I think.

RIP: MJ and that chick from Charlie’s Angels

I don't like to elevate celebrities to "hero" status personally unless they are good role models for children, which I don't think Jackson was. I excused much of his early eccentricities until the child sexual abuse charges came out in the early 90s. I stopped listening to his music then, but I can't tell you how many times I listened/danced to his early songs. They were really enjoyable.

He was a musical genius for his genre. I always thought his life would have been completely different if he hadn't had his nose broken and badly repaired in the late 70s. I think this made him fascinated with plastic surgery, and the idea of looking completely different. This escapism seemed to be at the root of his purchase of Neverland, which isolated him further from reality.

If it turns out he's really dead, I'll mourn the early Michael. I'm glad I Got To Be There.

Sounds like he died of OD on pain killers. Seems to be a common theme.

Demerol - I was injected with that when I had my first gallstone attack. I thought an alien was trying to rip out of my stomach. 10 seconds after receiving that injection, life was good. I'll never forget that drug.

You won’t get a much bigger story than this over the weekend.

That is a non-tribute to the news organizations. There are other things happening in the world. Real heros have died and continue to die, possibly in large numbers, in a real tragedy in Iran. Real victims died in a real tragedy in Washington DC.

I don't like him at all. Since his sexual fantacy on young boys is beyond inoccense in the gutter the lowest one can get.

As for his song and dance ruteen on stage of ( Groping His crotch ) so teens could see was a no brainer for one with money.

He was vain on looks at the plastic surgeon knife. Well his nose maybe fell off and his chin a total wreck.

My he rest in pease in his Never Land resort for young boys.

I don't like him and as an icon is a disgrase.

He was vain on looks...

Actually, some medical professionals have publicly stated their belief that the singer had body dysmorphic disorder, a psychological condition whereby the sufferer has no concept of how they are perceived by others, which could explain his near-dozen completely transforming (and increasingly unsettling) plastic surgeries.

He was the first ever person I heard to when I started listening to music. Liked him then but never really became a fan, though i was quite unaware about the allegations(I need not mention) leveled against him. I believe anyone who dies deserve some respect if they hadnt really killed anyone or done something of the sort ,humans do have false afterall. God knows him the best so let He be the judge so all I will say is RIP MJ.

yeah his music was legendary so R.I.P mikey

the joke wasnt meant disrespectively but it is just funny.

alot of offensive jokes would be funny if it wasnt offensive, i have heard quite a few that are very clever, it is a shame they are offensive