What's the best order in tackling mathematics?

Rexus

As in the subject

Pre-Algebra

Pre-Calculus

Calculus I

Geometry

etc.

I will order them as a part of the Demystified series (with quizzes and tests)

I really wanna get good at Maths

Thanks

Depending on the exact syllabus taught there's obviously going to be pre-requisites for different classes (like, pre-calc before calc sort of goes without saying). But often different institutions will teach different classes under the same name so there's no rock solid pattern to follow.

Thanks for the reply. I'm doing this for personal knowledge. I already finished my accounting degree and I'm just doing this to have my mind work in new ways. So...

Pre-Algebra > Algebra > Pre-Calculus > Calculus I > Calculus II (is there a Calculus III) > Geometry > Trigonometry? Is this order about right? I want to get a good Math foundation to venture further into Physics then Chemistry. Thanks again.

At my school the order of math goes as followed:

Transitional Mathematics

Algebra I

Geometry

Algebra II

Functions, Statistics and Trigonometry

Precalculus and Discrete Mathematics

Advanced Placement Calculus

Advanced Placement Statistics

I would definitely take geometry and trigonometry before taking calculus because, at least at my school and my personal course, Calculus I includes trigonometric functions.

Varies massively, I think the general theme is elementary algebra, algebraic trig, functions and polynomials - each to a varying extent. Basically the study of differentiable functions without actually differentiating them.

Limits can be introduced into pre-calc, too. Basically it is a brush-up to make sure your algebra and trig skills are good enough for calc. If you were a good student in algebra and trig, you probably should not need pre-calc.

Where I live, math courses aren't divided like this. All of us, like it or not, take one big general math course for the duration of our studies. Some people hate it because they have to take math, others because we progress at the speed of the slowest. I was just curious as to how it worked in other places, and how much of "pre-calc" they're still going to teach us. And the result is pretty surprising, since we're done with those things (except limits) but still don't take calculus for another year...depressing.