What do you know, a Darwin movie.

CDarwin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCYafqq9ljk

I don't know if it looks good or not. The glimpse of the pigeons cheered me. Darwin's work with pigeons was an important part of how he formulated his model of selection, which is usually under-appreciated. I'll have to see it.

Incidentally, do you English posters buy American actors doing English accents generally? Jennifer Connelly is the only American in the trailer, and she sounds ok, I think, but I can't really tell.

I fear that it's being way over dramatized, and that the producers of the film are taking too much rhetorical license... to the point where they may be putting in plot devices which are hardly historically accurate. Obviously, I won't know until I see it, but there was sure a lot of "woo" in the trailer. Also, it's called "Creation," which makes me think it's one huge misrepresentation of Darwins work by some religious group. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

The BBC is in on it. Now, Unless the Archbishop of Canterbury has usurped the authority of monarch again, they seem pretty mainstream. This is the website:

http://creationthemovie.com/

How dare you accuse Jennifer Connelly of being a Christian.

There does seem to be a lot of "action" in the trailer (although that would tend to be a trait of trailers, I guess). Darwin's battles were more internal or carried out through letters. I don't know as he had that many intense dramatic conversations about how his theory would kill God and all of that. A guy taking notes and writing letters for two hours might not make a very good movie, though.

I looked at the film description, and I think it's called "Creation" because Darwin's life was full of his own struggle with his personal and social religious identity. As a scientist, he forsook his own belief in creation as the evidence he collected added up, but he knew that more religious, less scientific people (especially his wife) would not react so open-mindedly.

I will watch this, but I really don't like the title. The word "creation" conjures up quite opposite ideas to Darwin's in my mind. But perhaps they're trying to trick creationists into watching it in the hope they'll be convinced they're wrong :doh:

To create something is normal term, over zealous religious folk have kinda hi-jacked the term. My desk is my creation. Darwin's theory is his creation, Evolution is our Creator ( doubt anyone would use the word in bio paper), all though it's not an entity but the consequences of laws and behaviour.