How long do you want to live for?

GutZ

If you were a healthy, happy 25-year-old who suddenly found themselves in an unhealthy, rickety 65-year-old body, I could see your point, GutZ, but that's not the way it works. As you age, you lose some of your youthful abilities but you gain others, like perspective, knowledge and experience. There is something for you at every age, as long as you make it so.

I always hate hearing about people of any age who can let themselves be bored. I feel bored for like a minute, and then I do something... not boring. People who complain about being bored make my foot twitch, since kicking them in the ass would be fun and... not boring.

It's more the fact that I plan to do everything I ever wanted to do by that time. I don't think it will add anything to my life.

Of course I am going to try to keep in the best shape I can. The less you use the more you lose.

Most likely I will go past 65, my whole family are frigging 100+ or 70 and it great shape (still play tennis).

I will except that I may change my mind down the road....I doubt it though. I am content you know. I got to experience life, which is pretty amazing considering how it all slowly came to be.

I was given at least some level of intelligence that I can get a laymen understanding of it all. honestly that's all I need. I wantto learn a bit more...more fields but...

Maybe I am just too simple, too content with so little lol. I hope this place is stil lhere when I am 65, then I would have the pleasure of harrassing the youngsters, and using purposely old sayings all the time. Call everyone sonny.

I'm with that................I'm shooting for a billion+! It's my life long dream..............:cool:

I'm too scared to die.....it will take me that long to get everything I want to done!

Do you seriously think your life goals and ambitions will not change in the next forty years?

You're not Gandalf. You don't have a set mission to accomplish before you leave.

I do; become a tissue engineer and fix me so as so I don't die and live well past a billion..............set mission, b!

Maybe life *is* deterministic...................:P :joke::D

Most likely I will go past 65, my whole family are frigging 100+ or 70 and it great shape (still play tennis).

So do you not like tennis then? If you quit at 65 then you would have worked hard all your life and paid taxes - then not get any of the money back. At 65 you can start drawing your pension, quit work and play golf or tennis everyday - or do some gardening with your Wife/Husband/Partner. It's what we work for, no? So we can one day give it up, retire and do all those things we wished we could do when we were younger, but couldn't because we had to bloody work. The only trouble is - we are too old then to be able to do them as well as we could have done in our 20's and 30's.

I know people who are well over 65 and they are having the best times of their lives because thay no longer have to go to work everyday. They can now persue their hobbies and favourite pastimes.

DrP

Very true, maybe I need a few more years of work to get it. I admit I probably am slightly naive (ok maybe a lot lol)

I need something like work to keep me stable, and as long as it interests me, I want to keep at it. If I retire I hope I have enough knowledge and experience by then to maybe teach. I want to see my kids do well and I am happy, beyond that I really don't need much more time.

After I think I mostly will just do stuff to keep me interested till my time is up...I've never been comfortable in with that.

I think it's just me, I am not saying it a waste of time, nothing really is as long as you get something out of it. Where as people can possibly have the best time of their life after a certain age, I don't see myself doing the same.