urine in a toilet

the guy

i was looking up the composition of urine on wikipedia and was scrolling down the wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine) when i saw that one of the pictures was of urine in a toilet, and it was labelled 'Urine in a toilet at the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art.'

wtf? is this some wierdo work of art? if anyone can please explain wtf this is all about i would very much like to hear it because that is just odd.

:confused::confused::confused:

if anyone can please explain wtf this is all about i would very much like to hear it because that is just odd.

No. It is not odd. Urine in a crystal decanter would be odd. Urine in the hydraulic system of an Indy car would be odd. Urine in a second hand book store's antique oil lamp would be odd. Urine in a toilet is rather normal. No?

(To be honest, I think the photograph is just someone taking the piss.)

is this some wierdo work of art? if anyone can please explain wtf this is all about i would very much like to hear it because that is just odd.
Donating art to the museum is a terrific tax write-off. Why should I pay $30 to take my old toilet to the dump, when I can write-off $30,000, AND get to have people pay to see my urine?

Btw, the display is not called "Urine in a Toilet". I prefer, "Pee for All".

wtf? is this some wierdo work of art? if anyone can please explain wtf this is all about i would very much like to hear it because that is just odd.

It's not that hard to deduce if you just follow the links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Urine_in_a_toilet_at_the_Denver_Museum_of_Contemporary_Art.JPG

The description for the image says:

Human urine in a toilet at the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art with a sticker alluding to Marcel Duchamp's Fountain.

Which is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)

Duchamp_Fountaine.jpg

Fountain is a 1917 work by Marcel Duchamp. It is one of the pieces which he called readymades (also known as found art), because he made use of an already existing object—in this case a urinal, which he titled Fountain and signed "R. Mutt". The art show to which Duchamp submitted the piece stated that all works would be accepted, but Fountain was not actually displayed, and the original has been lost. The work is regarded by some as a major landmark in 20th century art. Replicas commissioned by Duchamp in the 1960s are now on display in museums.