Removing hydrogen sulfide from well water

Moontanman

I am trying to start back up my aquarium fish collecting and breeding business. One obstacle is the well water I have to use. Raw it is full of iron sulfates and hydrogen sulfide, and other noxious chemicals. If the raw well water is left to sit it goes from a being a thick green to being red orange and red orange mud settles onto the bottom. Once I run it through water a softener system it comes out clear and very soft but still full of hydrogen sulfide and almost totally anoxic. I need to be able to remove the H2S and add oxygen. I have thought of using H2O2 to add oxygen but will this also remove the H2S?

Did you google it already?

I'm no expert in this particular separation, but it seems that commercial applications exist for exactly the case you're dealing with: H2S removal from well water.

Removal of H2S with air (simply stripping it - making the H2S evaporate into the air) will require a lot of air. A lot more than you need to add oxygen for the fish.