A Cure For Acne Rosacea

Acne rosacea, often called adult acne, is a facial condition that is different from teenage pimple acne. Rosacea causes the face to get permanently red in the center portion of the face and nose. It starts with on a off blushing red, and then as it gets worse the face stays red. It itches and can cause skin flaking. I read that it is a little understood condition.

Well, I think I understand it, what causes it and what can cure it. I had Rosacea and was forced to devise my own cure because the condition was supposed to be incurable.

I will just tell you. If you don't have enough regular bowel movements over a long period of time [months] the blushing red face of rosacea will come on you. If you have rosacea already, then start increasing the amount of fiber in your diet, and have more frequent regular bowel movements [for months] and the condition will heal itself. Depending on how bad your condition is, it will determine how many months to heal it.

I made my own observations of what was happening to my face. If you eat, more blood comes up into the upper body, while the stomach is digesting, causing a temporary worse blushing. A few hours after you have a bowel movement, I noticed the blushing to get less red, as more blood was needed in the lower part of the body to process food in the intestines. If you don't have frequent enough bowel movements then the blood won't go into the lower body often enough. This causes more blood to be in the face more often and it stretches the blood vessels of the face, so that they can hold more blood. Holding too much blood, because they are stretched, the blood vessels of the face will cause the face to blush permanently red. The skin cells must divide around stretched blood capillaries. This causes the dead skin when it reaches the surface to have small holes in it. This causes localized infections and red bumps. This will heal and the localized redness go away, but the skin is not proper and won't come off right. It will form flakes of skin, that itch causing more redness.

The cure for all of these rosacea symptoms is to shrink the blood vessels of the face back to normal size. This is done by having more fiber in the diet which increases the frequency of bowel movements. More frequent bowel movements will cause more blood to be in the lower part of your body around the intestines and this will pull the excess blood out of your face. Keep up the frequent bowel movements for a long period of time {for months} and the blood vessels of the face return to normal size and this cures the rosacea.

I healed my rosacea totally. That lasted for years. I got into a bad diet again and got constipated too often and the rosacea came back. I increased my fiber, had more regular bowel movements and healed the rosacea again. I know that this is the real cure for acne rosacea.

Psyllium seed husks is a great fiber substitute as is prune juice. Cascara Sagrada, a natural herb laxative can also be useful.

• 2 weeks later...

there isnt any cure for either acne vulgaris or acne rosacea. normal acne goes by itself after age of 25 normally. it simply has treatment of antibiotic ointment,face wash in rare cases corticosteroids.it do not have cure. same thing applies for acne rosacea.

though many books say food has no role in developing acne, patients do complain of increased acne after having certain food (like oily food) so relation of food to acne is completely individual variation! may b the fibers acted like that only.

but the things u mentioned like blood goin from face to intestines during long process of digesting fibers....its questionable....blood flow doesnt vary much...no standard textbook has ever clearly mentioned abt these thgs!

The first thing any acne sufferer must realize is that any disease-regardless of its medical diagnosis-is a product of constipation, a clogging up of the body tissues. Consequently, as the body fights to unclog its organs, the process becomes manifested in several ways.

The first thing any acne sufferer must realize is that any disease-regardless of its medical diagnosis-is a product of constipation, a clogging up of the body tissues. Consequently, as the body fights to unclog its organs, the process becomes manifested in several ways.

Um, no. Not even close to true.

So laxatives are a universal cure-all? I suggest that there are a number of diseases characterized by diarhea (e.g., cholera) where it is pretty clear that constipation is not the cause.

If you actually believe that constipation causes all disease, you need to seriously reexamine your sources of medical information. You should be able to recognize, even at first glance, that this cannot possibly be true.

hahahahaha

Yes, that's what I'll tell my doctor when I contract Ebola...

That it was just constipation :doh:

Now...You said "any disease regardless of medical diagnosis"

Hmmm...I bet that includes Mental diseases also? Is my brain just trying to unclog itself?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If this were true I would simply be the sickest girl on the planet with a red face. As I am always constipated, I excrete rabbit size turds that float in the toilet. However I am well, nice complexion, 60 years old, no wrinkles, no rosacea, no acne. My sister had rosacea, she wasn't ever constipated.

Actually, as of the last two years - I am no longer constipated, I eat 4 prunes a day and it works! But I spent my life constipated.

I hear that lazer treatments work on rosacea.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

there isnt any cure for either acne vulgaris or acne rosacea. normal acne goes by itself after age of 25 normally. it simply has treatment of antibiotic ointment,face wash in rare cases corticosteroids.it do not have cure. same thing applies for acne rosacea.

though many books say food has no role in developing acne, patients do complain of increased acne after having certain food (like oily food) so relation of food to acne is completely individual variation! may b the fibers acted like that only.

but the things u mentioned like blood goin from face to intestines during long process of digesting fibers....its questionable....blood flow doesnt vary much...no standard textbook has ever clearly mentioned abt these thgs!

I agree. The cure for even the common acne is just symptomatic. It just depresses the symptoms and does not cure the condition.

• 4 weeks later...

I've talked to a lot of people throughout the years who have had acne.

Many people speculated in the past few decades that it was "sugar."

The cause of acne: Sugar.

So many people thought that was silly and unsupported. However, I could tell it was an easy correlate whenever I would be carb cutting, then eat a lot of sugary foods a day later.... Two days after eating the sugary foods, I'd get some kind of acne.

As it took long enough to discover H. pylori in relation to stomach ulcers, I'm definitely skeptical of medical experts who don't actively do microbiological research: I think they're absolute freaking twits.

It's all about developing a hypothesis, so I'll throw out an idea:

Maybe somehow the intestinal bacteria are depositing biochemicals into the skin that makes the facial skin an excellent media for bacterial growth. Sounds impractical due to how digestion and blood filtering works, but it could be a possibility.

Anywhere, here is some stuff I found on Wikipedia:

Intestinal bacteria

Intestinal bacteria may play a role in causing the disease. A recent study subjected patients to a hydrogen breath test to detect the occurrence of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). It was found that significantly more patients were hydrogen-positive than controls indicating the presence of bacterial overgrowth (47% v. 5%, p<0.001).

Hydrogen-positive patients were then given a 10-day course of rifaximin, a non-absorbable antibiotic that does not leave the digestive tract and therefore does not enter the circulation or reach the skin. 96% of patients experienced a complete remission of rosacea symptoms that lasted beyond 9 months. These patients were also negative when retested for bacterial overgrowth. In the 4% of patients that experienced relapse, it was found that bacterial overgrowth had returned. These patients were given a second course of rifaximin which again cleared rosacea symptoms and normalized hydrogen excretion.[12]

In another study, it was found that some rosacea patients that tested hydrogen-negative, were still positive for bacterial overgrowth when using a methane breath test instead. These patients showed little improvement with rifaximin, as found in the previous study, but experienced clearance of rosacea symptoms and normalization of methane excretion following administration of the antibiotic metronidazole, which is effective at targeting methanogenic intestinal bacteria.[13]

These results suggest that optimal antibiotic therapy may vary between patients and that diverse species of intestinal bacteria appear to be capable of mediating rosacea symptoms.

This may also explain the improvement in symptoms experienced by some patients when given a reduced carbohydrate diet.[14] Such a diet would restrict the available material necessary for bacterial fermentation and thereby reduce intestinal bacterial populations.

I could only see such statements as feasible in relation to a Freudian or metaphorical interpretation. Otherwise, no, more than likely wrong unless you've got some evidence going into further examination of the intestinal tract and remaining fecal matter that has yet to be released is the cause of infection.

Edited by Genecks

• 3 weeks later...

The primary problem is that medications used in the acne treatment can be too harsh or aggressive leading to the onset of 'acne rosacea'. Aggressive acne treatments to reduce oiliness of the skin can result in the flaking associated with seborrheic dermatitis. The butterfly rash of lupus can lead to a mis-diagnosis of rosacea.

• 2 months later...

My mother uses Made from Earth skin products and she had always tell me that I might like to try them. I started using facial cream when I turned 30. I've tried a couple of brands, then finally come down to 2 brands.

Made from Earth got my attention when I heard the advertisement that it sold out within the first 17 minutes when it launched. So I went around looking for it. After more researching, I said to myself that it will be worth trying.

After using their pH Equilibrant Moisturizer for 1 month now, I can see less wrinkle, fine line and smoother skin compare to other products that I have used in the past. It doesn't leave any feeling that you have any cream on which I like and the scent is very mild which I also like. It lasted for more than a month per bottle and I use it every night. It is definitely the best cream and I have ever try.

The only acne-constipation correlation I can think of is that fiber prevents constipation, but it also absorbs cholesterol and other lipids and keeps them being absorbed, which would help to counteract acne that many people claim results from "oily" foods.

Stomach is also a reason of this.When your stomach properly can not digest food then it add with the acidic waste of body which creates and helps cell to produce bacteria on skin and blood.Chew your food properly and try to get treatment of stomach first later comes on Acne.Most probable your stomach will over come your this disease.

• 3 weeks later...

Rosacea is a skin condition characterized by facial redness, frequent flushing and the appearance of acne-like red bumps. Unlike acne, however, people with rosacea don't get blackheads but do get dilated blood vessels (called telangiectasias). Laser surgery has been shown to be very successful at decreasing the diffuse facial redness and eliminating the individual fine blood vessels that affect patients with rosacea. Rosacea can cause redness, bumps and/or swelling, especially on the nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin and can look similar to acne. :lol:

NYC Cosmetic & General Dermatology

• 3 months later...

I have suffered from Roscea for almost 5 months now, and i have already tried different

products lotions, creams and gels... it never worked. i've got a really bad Experience with roscea.

i have tried every counter product youcan ever imagine. my skin tends to be dry and red.

when my face really flares up, it looks terribly bad. roscea is present around my nose, cheeks and forehead.

like most of roscea patients, i have also tried thevery expensive products but it didn't work either. then came across

in this amazing " Made from Earth " web site and after reading the reviews and comments, decided to give it a try.

hopefully i will get better soon.

Edited by Farla