Alas, vague biochemistry texts!

Hey guys,

So quite recently what with a bit of a sparked interest in biochemistry and human anatomy, I got myself a lovely biochemistry text, however reading through it, I've found numerous sections that are vague, and this is the first, and thus I have a question. I understand the nature of the formation of secondary structure in proteins, in the cases of alpha helices, and beta pleated sheets (and anti parallel), and from hat the text said, they are the most prevalent, however, then it stated the existence of other secondary structures, such as beta turns, and ohm loops, without bothering to reference formation, or the nature of these molecules. Can anyone please discern how these structures look, and how they form. Any diagrams would most helpful, as I've found imagination can only go so far. Can anyone also recommend some decent introductory texts for biochemistry and the like. All of this would be most helpful.

Search web for biochemistry atlas. I think it will have what you looking for. Moreover you can look Biochemistry by Voet, Pratt or by Berg, Tymoczko, Stryer. If you don't have it, go to reading room in library. It's very good academic books for biochemistry.

I was studying Berg to my biochemistry exam - very, very good book. Do you heard that they stoped writing it? Probably they would redact new one only for basic level beacause there are too much knowledge of biochemistry. And primary would be probably Voet. Meaby this is just fake tales?

Good news! I've checked the library catalogue, and I found a fifth edition copy of Berg's biochemistry. It's currently on hold for me, so I should be able to get my hands on it in a week or two. Thanks for the tip; I like pretty pictures! Thanks again!

Edited by Theophrastus
lack of anything better to do