Overclocking...

Tesseract

"If anyone can get hold of some liquid nitrogen, you'll be impressed by your new processor speed :). I believe someone actually did try that, case the processor within a liquid nitrogen case and clocked it to an insane amount."

I hope the overclocking world record is still the one done in Finland, by Finnish people (with liquid N, of course). :) (Probably the Japanese have broken it already, though :< )

Yes, that but it was unstable, just wanted to get the clock speed.

By the other hand i am seeing that most of you are thinking on a high processing capability to be the solution to the speed.

Common cloking processors are good enough... overclocking wont make a big difference (just in video card for 3D aceleration.. and it is used only (mostly) for benchmarking not for common use).

About the unnecessary overcloking of the CPU i mean that almost all of us. (you) :P own low speed bus in the motherboard, is like having a 10000 litrs tank up on the house, if you only can send a little quantity through a plumb tube.

if you have a need for speed, you should try the following. overclocking is mostly used for benchmarking.

-get high speed memories

-get high speed bus motherboard

-get high rpms (not RedHatPackages) hard disk

-get non integrated components (external audio card- video card)

if you dont belive me.. test an AMD 1.6 ghz with 512 DDR (hyperx) versus 2.66 P4 (128 mb drr)

the difference is 1ghz!!! and yet the AMD will ru.... perform more tasks in less time.