Is this device possible?

Green Xenon

Hi:

Does a device that switches frequency [in number of Hz] with peak-to-peak amplitude [in number of in electron(s)-per-second-per-square-meter] – and visa versa -- exist? If not, is it possible to construct one?

In this device, the input of a signal that has a frequency of X Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of Y electron-per-second-per-square-meter will result in the output of a signal that has a frequency of Y Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of X electron-per-second-per-square-meter.

Thanks,

Green

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think thats possible just by looking at the graph. The original Y-axis has peak values, if you switched that with the x for hertz. Then your hertz would have peak to peak values along the y axis. So its like your going back and forth in time and this this isn't a wave any more.

I don't think thats possible just by looking at the graph. The original Y-axis has peak values, if you switched that with the x for hertz. Then your hertz would have peak to peak values along the y axis. So its like your going back and forth in time and this this isn't a wave any more.

What kind of device is the closest possible?

My guess is that it would involve the use of two devices.

The first device inverts any portion of the signal going below the x-axis. So all amplitude values of the output signal will be positive. Next, is to insert this output into the input of a frequency modulator -- causing higher input amplitudes to result in a higher frequency output signal from the frequency modulator. Since none of the input amplitudes go below the x-axis, none of the output frequencies will go below the base frequency.

Am I on the right track?