Aging Cause and Cure

antiaging

The most widely accepted theory on aging is that free radicals (highly reactive molecules) cause cell damage and this causes aging.

Where do the free radicals come from?

Cells oxidize or burn food for energy. This creates oxidation products. Your body cleans the oxidation products out of the cells and this goes into the urine to be expelled from the body. If the oxidation products are not cleaned out fast enough, background radiation will change them into free radicals and this will cause cell damage. Cell damage slows down all of the functions of the cells. It slows down the rate at which cells divide. More cells start dying than what are being reproduced, and this is the cause of aging. Less living cells in the glands decreases harmone production. When damaged (old ) cells divide they pass on the cell damage to the next generation of cells.

The cure for aging is to increase the speed at which oxidation products are cleansed from the cells. So there will be no free radical damage, cell divisions don't slow down, causing no aging.

Antioxidant vitamins were found to slow the aging process around the early 1970s. They allow the body to clean the oxidation products out of the cells faster, causing more unination.

The theory is simple. Megadose [Very Large Doses] on vitamins that slow aging and clean the oxidation products out much faster, and aging can be stopped or reversed.

A tug of war with time. Pull faster backwards then time is pulling forward, and aging goes backwards; you get younger. [8 hours sleep per day minimum required]

I cannot prove this to you over the internet.

I have already proven this theory to be true.

I am a 57 year old teenager. I have been seriously trying to get younger for the last 17 years. Since I was 21 in 1973, I have been megadosing on vitamins. In 1992 I saw that I could push it further and reverse aging; I looked about 27 in 1992 when I was 40.

During the last 2 years, I have seen, [and the people I work with have seen] my face get younger by about 6 years. I am putting on more living tissue all over my face. I use the face as the indicator, but this works on the whole body.

I appear to be about 18 years old. I do have thin hair, and some grey but I am expecting this to get younger later. I still have a full head of hair if I do a comb over.

I stand up for 7 hours per day cleaning a bakery warehouse and stacking pallets with heavy items. I can do martial arts like a young man and can do a fast 100 yard dash like a track and field guy. I can out work many young men.

I am physically able to do things that a 57 year old man cannot do.

I have informed government scientists and doctors about this, about a year ago, and have seen various people checking me out.

Note: Megadosing on vitamins must be done with a knowledge of what you are doing. Too much vitamin A or D can kill you. Too much C also has side effects.

I learned by experience through the years what to do about the side effects, and just keep on taking the large doses of vitamins.

I seriously believe I have succeeded in reversing aging on the cellular level.

Every cell is young and undamaged and naturally want to divide fast.

I don't need to use Human growth harmone to try to force fast divisions like some are doing.

I am putting this on pseudo science because it would probably be locked or moved here anyway if I put it anywhere else. But, I consider this to be real science that I have experimentally proven. I did the experiment, for many years and got the results. I really believe I have reversed aging on a cellular level.

Telomeres?

Even small doses of vitamins C and E were found to lengthen telomeres. Read the following experiment report. Large megadoses may protect and perserve the length of the telomeres completely.

PMID: 19279081

Quote:

BACKGROUND: Telomere length may be a marker of biological aging. Multivitamin supplements represent a major source of micronutrients, which may affect telomere length by modulating oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. OBJECTIVE: The objective was to examine whether multivitamin use is associated with longer telomeres in women. DESIGN: Cross-sectional analysis of data from 586 early participants (age 35-74 y) in the Sister Study. Multivitamin use and nutrient intakes were assessed with a 146-item food-frequency questionnaire, and relative telomere length of leukocyte DNA was measured by quantitative polymerase chain reaction. RESULTS: After age and other potential confounders were adjusted for, multivitamin use was associated with longer telomeres. Compared with nonusers, the relative telomere length of leukocyte DNA was on average 5.1% longer among daily multivitamin users (P for trend = 0.002). In the analysis of micronutrients, higher intakes of vitamins C and E from foods were each associated with longer telomeres, even after adjustment for multivitamin use. Furthermore, intakes of both nutrients were associated with telomere length among women who did not take multivitamins. CONCLUSION: This study provides the first epidemiologic evidence that multivitamin use is associated with longer telomere length among women.

There is no one kind of damage to organisms, and therefore no one explanation to aging. If you consider aging to be progressive and irreversible damage, than any such damage would be part of aging. There is shortening of telomers, damage to the extracellular matrix, accumulation of toxins/debris, mutations of cells including cancer, and a few other forms of damage that the body cannot cure. Free radical damage is also important, since it can damage proteins and DNA. However, proteins don't last forever even without free radicals, so unless they are replaced any damage to them is aging.

As for megadosing on vitamins, do remember that oily vitamins (such as A and E) can accumulate in your fatty tissues and can accumulate to toxic levels.

These two parts do not jive. How does 5% imply complete?

Seconded. You cannot assume the effect is linear, and that if 10 mg improves things by X amount, 100 mg will result in 10X improvement. In fact, such simple, linear relationships are incredibly rare in biology.

These two parts do not jive. How does 5% imply complete?

The article talks about C and E from food sources. Food sources only supply a small amount of vitamins C and E. Vitamin C and E supplements, especially in large doses, can supply maybe well over a hundred times what you would get from foods.

[Foods fresh from the fields have lots of vitamins, but nowhere near as much as supplement tablets can provide. Vitamin content goes down with time rapidly. By the time you buy the food at the super market, very little vitamins are left in it.]

So, as you can see, the article talks about the 5% lengthening caused by only small doses of C and E. Megadosing on supplement tablets would provide much more C and E than that. It is the large megadoses that I suspect would protect the telomeres completely. Telomere shortening might be caused by attacks from free redicals.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Seconded. You cannot assume the effect is linear, and that if 10 mg improves things by X amount, 100 mg will result in 10X improvement. In fact, such simple, linear relationships are incredibly rare in biology.

I don't have a scanner, cell phone or digital camera. If I posted a picture of myself on the internet, that would not really prove anything. Pictures can be faked on the internet.

So, how do I prove to you that I am still young and vital at 57?

I live in New Orleans, Louisiana. If you really want proof that I am still like a teenager at 57, then get someone that uses this forum, who lives in New Orleans, to meet with me somewhere in New Orleans, and he can report to you if I am still young or not. I can show him my driver's licence that I was born in 1952, my birth certificate, copy. I will do a fast 100 yard dash for him if he likes. [The average 57 year old cannot do that fast.]

I know this is a science forum and scientists value experimental proof. I can provide the proof in person, but not over the internet. I have a BS physics degree and know scientific method. I think I did a valid experiment, to reverse aging over the last 17 years.

So, how do I prove to you that I am still young and vital at 57?

How do you know you wouldn't still be that way without vitamins? My MS advisor never bothered with vitamins, and is still *very* fit and healthy in his mid-fifties (as in "bikes 20 miles a day, resting pulse rate of 40" fit).

You cannot conclude anything based on a single individual.

I know this is a science forum and scientists value experimental proof. I can provide the proof in person, but not over the internet. I have a BS physics degree and know scientific method. I think I did a valid experiment, to reverse aging over the last 17 years.

A valid experiment has more than one replicate, ESPECIALLY in biology, and especially when it's not ammenable to repeated measures analysis. You are reporting an anecdote, nothing more.

In order to conduct a *valid* experiment on megadosing vitamins, you'd need at least 500 people in both the control and experimental groups, and a proper double-blind system. It would be even better to try it on a group of lab rats which are as genetically homogeneous as possible. One individual's experience doesn't even come close to being reliable or informative.

How do you know you wouldn't still be that way without vitamins? My MS advisor never bothered with vitamins, and is still *very* fit and healthy in his mid-fifties (as in "bikes 20 miles a day, resting pulse rate of 40" fit).

You cannot conclude anything based on a single individual.

A valid experiment has more than one replicate, ESPECIALLY in biology, and especially when it's not ammenable to repeated measures analysis. You are reporting an anecdote, nothing more.

In order to conduct a *valid* experiment on megadosing vitamins, you'd need at least 500 people in both the control and experimental groups, and a proper double-blind system. It would be even better to try it on a group of lab rats which are as genetically homogeneous as possible. One individual's experience doesn't even come close to being reliable or informative.

An old man or woman can do great physical activity if trained to do so. I heard of a 93 year old woman that finished marathon races. Jack Lalane can swim great distances in his old age. But he is still an old man. I am a young man. My physical age seems to be about 18. If I shave and do a comb over I look and move like a College freshman. College age and high school age girls showed an interest in me as a possible boy friend when I would ride the bus. I am not saying that I am young just because of what I can do physically. It is also because there are no signs of aging on my face. No crows feet. Full cheeks of muscle. Upturned nose. Young skin; no liver spots. No sagging under chin. And for the past 2 years my face has been getting noticebly younger. Putting on more firm living tissue all over my face.

Your MS advisor probably has the signs of aging on his face. Crows feet wrinkels. Hollowed out cheeks. Down turned longer nose. Bisically it is less living tissue all over the face and the skull starts to show through; that is aging. [Crows feet are the wrinkles that go behind the eyes below the temple.]

What you are saying is correct. You can research slowing down aging with antioxidants or nutritional supplements on the internet. There are many websites about it. There are many people around the world that take antiaging supplements to slow aging. The results are working for many people. I saw on the Discovery channel a lady in her 50s that was still young like in her 30s from taking alot of vitamins. I did not discover this for myself. I read about. I studied books in the good health guide series: the antioxidants, the disease of aging, vitamin C updated. You can find those on google. I used the research and findings of others to formulate my experiment. Slowing down aging with nutrition is working for alot of people worldwide. What I did was to start earlier and push it further than the other people, and make aging start going backwards. My doses were probably higher and I had an effective combination of vitamins to work with. I took risks to do this experiment. There are side effects with magadosing. I made adjustments when I had to. My stomach had to be in top shape to digest all of this. I used techniques to heal an ulcer to keep the stomach in shape. Sleep and a clean colon are also part of it.

yes, yes, you look young, bravo for you, doesn't prove a thing. You may have been this way regardless, due to genetics alone.

And websites and "nutrition" books are dubious sources at the very best - you can find ones that advocate drinking your own urine for health.

Can you cite a peer-review scientific paper on this topic, conducted using a high N and double-blind protocol?

If your story is true, then i would think that you would be relatively famous, or on the news of some sort, though i may be wrong. Who have you seen exactly?

Im not stating disbelief in your words, I am simply speculative due to the nature of your descriptions. If this is true, then i suggest that you try to contact a news of some sort in your town and tell them your story, I am sure that someone would be interested. I am.

Are you on any websites? Interviews? Any other form of relative validity in your statements?

Perhaps you could post some more specific details of what vitamins and dosages these megadoses involve, so that posters will have an idea why your approach apparently has different results from most other vitamin users? (I'm assuming you aren't averse to this, as otherwise you wouldn't have posted on a forum in the first place, and if you are already being "checked out" by government doctors and scientists then you've likely already done that.)

I ask because you surely can't mean just straight multivitamin pills, but rather a very concentrated diet targeting specific vitamins and nutrients. But there must be some element of multivitamins or you wouldn't have brought it up, and as at least one study (with N = 232606, anyway) claims a link between some multivitamins and increased mortality, I'm curious if you mean there is a different way to use them.

If your story is true, then i would think that you would be relatively famous, or on the news of some sort, though i may be wrong. Who have you seen exactly?

Im not stating disbelief in your words, I am simply speculative due to the nature of your descriptions. If this is true, then i suggest that you try to contact a news of some sort in your town and tell them your story, I am sure that someone would be interested. I am.

Are you on any websites? Interviews? Any other form of relative validity in your statements?

My town in New Orleans LA. It is a roman catholic controlled city. They control the news. I am a protestant that posts against the roman catholic church often. They know me already. Don't expect the news in this country to favor me no matter what I accomplish. Believe what you will.

Based on what I have read and what I have seen personally, the news in this country is controlled by the Roman catholic church. We don't have a free press. If we did, your post would be meaningful; I should be on the news already. The AMA also discourages vitamin megadosing. They don't make money off vitamins. They are money oriented. They favor expensive drugs and expensive hospital machines that they can make money off of.

Look up vatican spy network --the vatican papers on google.

Everything you say is moot without evidence, antiaging, seeing as your claim is scientific based, your evidence need be scientific based too.

Claiming prosecution does not negate your obligation to supply proof for your claim.

Perhaps you could post some more specific details of what vitamins and dosages these megadoses involve, so that posters will have an idea why your approach apparently has different results from most other vitamin users? (I'm assuming you aren't averse to this, as otherwise you wouldn't have posted on a forum in the first place, and if you are already being "checked out" by government doctors and scientists then you've likely already done that.)

I ask because you surely can't mean just straight multivitamin pills, but rather a very concentrated diet targeting specific vitamins and nutrients. But there must be some element of multivitamins or you wouldn't have brought it up, and as at least one study (with N = 232606, anyway) claims a link between some multivitamins and increased mortality, I'm curious if you mean there is a different way to use them.

Fighting aging is about increased cell divisions. vitamins and calcium, sleep and protein promote cell divisions. A high protein diet needs fiber supplementation. Try psyllium seed husks. Do a colon cleanse about twice per year and try to keep the colon clean using fiber.

If I gave dosages and someone tried what I said and got sick or died, then I could be resposible before the law for hurting that person and maybe charged with a crime.

A, C, E, calcium, stresstabs, selenium, magnesium, zinc, biotin, -all fight aging. Too much A or D can kill you. C has side effects at large levels.

I megadose on C and E. [Read about megadosing before doing it. Look it up in nutrition books or internet. I am not telling you dosages. I don't want any legal trouble. You decide that for yourself at your own risk. Avoid side effects as they come up. Stop taking the vitamins for awhile. Sleep as much as you can. 8 hours per day minimum. make up for lost time on the weekends. Use technique for healing an ulcer to keep stomach in top shape. baking soda in milk for acid stomach.

If you start this now, you would get healthier and have more energy and higher resistance to disease, in a few days; spend roughly 800 bucks a year on vitamins. rough estimate. more or less You won't see any change in aging for about 3 years. It would start out slow and increase its effects.

What is happening to me now is because of what I did years ago.

I have been megadosing for 36 years. the last 17 years at very high levels trying to reverse aging. It has worked.

I took risks. Had to deal with side effects. Very restricted diet to keep stomach in top shape. The stomach bears the brunt of this.

They control the news.

Nope.

Don't expect the news in this country to favor me

Because even they have some standards for evidence?

no matter what I accomplish.

So go to a scientist, they'll accept evidence and don't care for much of anything else. Even one single case of age reversal will make the headlines in both the science news and the regular news.

The most widely accepted theory on aging is that free radicals (highly reactive molecules) cause cell damage and this causes aging.

Where do the free radicals come from?

Cells oxidize or burn food for energy. This creates oxidation products. Your body cleans the oxidation products out of the cells and this goes into the urine to be expelled from the body. If the oxidation products are not cleaned out fast enough, background radiation will change them into free radicals and this will cause cell damage. Cell damage slows down all of the functions of the cells. It slows down the rate at which cells divide. More cells start dying than what are being reproduced, and this is the cause of aging. Less living cells in the glands decreases harmone production. When damaged (old ) cells divide they pass on the cell damage to the next generation of cells.

The cure for aging is to increase the speed at which oxidation products are cleansed from the cells. So there will be no free radical damage, cell divisions don't slow down, causing no aging.

Antioxidant vitamins were found to slow the aging process around the early 1970s. They allow the body to clean the oxidation products out of the cells faster, causing more unination.

The theory is simple. Megadose [Very Large Doses] on vitamins that slow aging and clean the oxidation products out much faster, and aging can be stopped or reversed.

A tug of war with time. Pull faster backwards then time is pulling forward, and aging goes backwards; you get younger. [8 hours sleep per day minimum required]

I cannot prove this to you over the internet.

I have already proven this theory to be true.

I am a 57 year old teenager. I have been seriously trying to get younger for the last 17 years. Since I was 21 in 1973, I have been megadosing on vitamins. In 1992 I saw that I could push it further and reverse aging; I looked about 27 in 1992 when I was 40.

During the last 2 years, I have seen, [and the people I work with have seen] my face get younger by about 6 years. I am putting on more living tissue all over my face. I use the face as the indicator, but this works on the whole body.

I appear to be about 18 years old. I do have thin hair, and some grey but I am expecting this to get younger later. I still have a full head of hair if I do a comb over.

I stand up for 7 hours per day cleaning a bakery warehouse and stacking pallets with heavy items. I can do martial arts like a young man and can do a fast 100 yard dash like a track and field guy. I can out work many young men.

I am physically able to do things that a 57 year old man cannot do.

I have informed government scientists and doctors about this, about a year ago, and have seen various people checking me out.

Note: Megadosing on vitamins must be done with a knowledge of what you are doing. Too much vitamin A or D can kill you. Too much C also has side effects.

I learned by experience through the years what to do about the side effects, and just keep on taking the large doses of vitamins.

I seriously believe I have succeeded in reversing aging on the cellular level.

Every cell is young and undamaged and naturally want to divide fast.

I don't need to use Human growth harmone to try to force fast divisions like some are doing.

I am putting this on pseudo science because it would probably be locked or moved here anyway if I put it anywhere else. But, I consider this to be real science that I have experimentally proven. I did the experiment, for many years and got the results. I really believe I have reversed aging on a cellular level.

No, cells don't want to divide simply to be "young," because cell division costs energy, accumulates toxic wastes, and increases the risk of cancer. They only divide when doing so is necessary for your overall health, ie. skin cells, liver cells, mucosal cells of the large intestines, etc... divide regularly to avoid the build up of toxins that tend to accumulate on those tissues. Cells that are not exposed to as much toxins like muscle and neuronal cells don't divide as rapidly because they don't need to.

Everything you say is moot without evidence, antiaging, seeing as your claim is scientific based, your evidence need be scientific based too.

Claiming prosecution does not negate your obligation to supply proof for your claim.

I have no scanner, cell phone or digital camera. Pictures can be faked anyway. I thought about this already; how can I prove this to an internet forum?

The only real way I see is to meet with someone that uses this forum in my city, and he can report if I am really young or not. I can do a fast 100 yard dash if he likes; ordinary 57 year olds cannot do that fast. I can show him my driver's licence and birth certificate copy to show I was born in 1952.

I live in New Orleans Louisiana. If someone using this forum is willing to meet with me anywhere in this area, then I can prove it to him in person. He can tell you if I am physically as young as I say. If you really want to pursue this idea of proof we can do it that way. Get someone on this forum to post a message that he will meet with me in the New Orleans area and check out my age. I don't really see any other way of proving it on the internet.

I have no scanner, cell phone or digital camera. Pictures can be faked anyway. I thought about this already; how can I prove this to an internet forum?

By supplying mathematical concepts and detailing the experiment you've done. You can, alternatively, supply peer review evidence that state the above, if you can find it. Remember, though, that it needs to be peer reviewed to be accepted.

Easy enough even if you don't have a scanner, a cell phone or a digital camera.

The only real way I see is to meet with someone that uses this forum in my city, and he can report if I am really young or not. I can do a fast 100 yard dash if he likes; ordinary 57 year olds cannot do that fast. I can show him my driver's licence and birth certificate copy to show I was born in 1952.

No.

No no. That's not the way science works.

Science works by repeating the tests and checking if the measurements were accurate. And by reviewing the work of others, attempting to see what went wrong (the entire purpose of peer review). Scientists don't live next to one another - it's enough they publish the methodology of their experiments and the final results to make other scientists in places all over the world repeat those experiments and validate those results.

I live in New Orleans Louisiana. If someone using this forum is willing to meet with me anywhere in this area, then I can prove it to him in person. He can tell you if I am physically as young as I say. If you really want to pursue this idea of proof we can do it that way. Get someone on this forum to post a message that he will meet with me in the New Orleans area and check out my age. I don't really see any other way of proving it on the internet.

There might be a fundamental error in your experiment that is hard to spot, and that is giving your flawed results. That's why experiments are DUPLICATED ELSEWHERE but Third Party scientists.

You're just not supplying what you're supposed to: actual *scientific* reference and experiment methodology. How can this experiment of yours be repeated? If it can't, then it's not a scientific concept, it's a fluke.

As you were repeatedly told in this forum, there are a million reasons other than your theory for the "results" you report, even if we do believe them. No one challenged the RESULTS you posted. People challenged your conclusion. You need to show the conclusion is ABSOLUTELY a result of the method of your theory rather than all the alternatives people suggested. If you can't, then that's that.

And if it can, you need to show it.

~moo

By supplying mathematical concepts and detailing the experiment you've done. You can, alternatively, supply peer review evidence that state the above, if you can find it. Remember, though, that it needs to be peer reviewed to be accepted.

Easy enough even if you don't have a scanner, a cell phone or a digital camera.

No.

No no. That's not the way science works.

Science works by repeating the tests and checking if the measurements were accurate. And by reviewing the work of others, attempting to see what went wrong (the entire purpose of peer review). Scientists don't live next to one another - it's enough they publish the methodology of their experiments and the final results to make other scientists in places all over the world repeat those experiments and validate those results.

There might be a fundamental error in your experiment that is hard to spot, and that is giving your flawed results. That's why experiments are DUPLICATED ELSEWHERE but Third Party scientists.

You're just not supplying what you're supposed to: actual *scientific* reference and experiment methodology. How can this experiment of yours be repeated? If it can't, then it's not a scientific concept, it's a fluke.

As you were repeatedly told in this forum, there are a million reasons other than your theory for the "results" you report, even if we do believe them. No one challenged the RESULTS you posted. People challenged your conclusion. You need to show the conclusion is ABSOLUTELY a result of the method of your theory rather than all the alternatives people suggested. If you can't, then that's that.

And if it can, you need to show it.

~moo

OK. Get some people to do something similar and see if it is repeatable. You need to wait maybe 10 years to see if it is really working. You would get some results in 3 years, but not enough to prove anything.

Do you see the difficulty with repeatability of this kind of an experiment????

I have been trying hard to reverse aging for 17 years. My age stayed around my early 20s for maybe 14 of those years. In the last 3 years I have seen reversal.

There are websites and nutritional books about fighting aging and slowing it down with nutrition. There are many sites on the internet. Proving that aging can be slowed down with vitamins was done in the 1970s, and the theory behind it, "free radicals" goes back to the 1950s. I am not the only one doing this sort of thing. People are slowing aging with vitamins all over the world. What I am saying is I acheived reversal evidenced mostly in the last 2.5 years. Large doses of growth harmone were shown to reverse aging but accumulated side effects forced the experiment to stop. Giantism or acromagalee can be caused by too much growth harmone.

OK. Get some people to do something similar and see if it is repeatable. You need to wait maybe 10 years to see if it is really working. You would get some results in 3 years, but not enough to prove anything.

I have been trying hard to reverse aging for 17 years. My age stayed around my early 20s for maybe 14 of those years. In the last 3 years I have seen reversal.

There are websites and nutritional books about fighting aging and slowing it down with nutrition. There are many sites on the internet. Proving that aging can be slowed down with vitamins was done in the 1970s, and the theory behind it, "free radicals" goes back to the 1950s. I am not the only one doing this sort of thing. People are slowing aging with vitamins all over the world. What I am saying is I acheived reversal evidenced mostly in the last 2.5 years. Large doses of growth harmone were shown to reverse aging but accumulated side effects forced the experiment to stop. Giantism or acromagalee can be caused by too much growth harmone.

No, I don't, all I need to do is look at the peer reviewed experiments that were done with it and showed your result to be dependant on other factors to tell you that your idea is seriously lacking. (What others have done for the past 2 pages of this thread. Read it again)

The burden of proof is on YOU. not on us. We showed you where your theory is lacking, now you either re-assess your theory, or accept defeat in a mini peer review.

Don't feel bad, many theories fail peer review. It's a great opportunity to revise them so that they're stronger, better, and are actually valid. Good luck.

~moo

Wait, so if science is hard, I can just substitute vague assertions and anecdotes?

Wow, that'll make my thesis go a LOT faster!

Take 2 books on The Scientific Method and call us when you understand it.

To cure ageing you can use, stem cells.

Some day in the not to distant future, we will be able to regenerate our bodies.

Kind of like this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Body_Electric

Silver ions, where able to regrow human fingers, and heal third degree burns.

This book was published in 1998, yet no one has tried to redo the tests.

And if we had biobeds, that regenerate our bodies, we would be able to live forever. Imagine what we could do then, how smart could humans get if they could live forever?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Here is another interesting link. http://rexresearch.com/becker/becker1.htm